PDA

View Full Version : apology

Pages : [1] 2 3

StephenK
03-18-2007, 04:11 PM
i posted an email i got and it seemed to offend a good number of people. well i am sorry. it was not meant to offend anyone. like i told the 2 moderators that notified me i was being suspended for the post i am 50% german and thought it was funny. so if anyone was offended i am sorry. would also like to say sorry to everyone at autogeek. sorry

Nica
03-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi detailgod,

I don't know what exactly you are talking about but I think that some people around here are a little up tight and take things a little to seriously. I for one find everyone helpfull and all I want is to lear as much as possible and share my experiances, weather good or bad.

To be honest I wonder sometimes because some memebers just seem to disapear and who know's what happens in the background around here but all I'm interested is to enjoy my time here and learn from others knowledge.

So far I've enjoyed your feedback detailgod and to me I enjoy reading and talking with everyone here.

Well just thought I'd share my feed back, that's all. I don't mean to offend anyone just my opinion. I like it hear because of the knowledge and memebers....like Lauren and her green thong hahahaha halerious.

StephenK
03-18-2007, 04:21 PM
rules are rules. and even thought it was not used as a dirty word there was a dirty word in it.

Nica
03-18-2007, 04:24 PM
True, rules are rules. I won't aregue that one, we all said "agree" to the terms here.

Hope it works out for you buddy.

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 04:44 PM
apology accepted.

what happened? lol

StephenK
03-18-2007, 04:47 PM
[quote=bambo2888]apology accepted.

what happened? lol[/quote

i posted an email i got. it was about the name of a town in germany. the town name was a bad word.

Surfer
03-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I know the thread lol, I can see why somebody may have complained, oh well. I still thought it was funny but that's just me, but again I can see why somebody viewing the board may have had issue with it.

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 04:51 PM
[quote=bambo2888]apology accepted.

what happened? lol[/quote

i posted an email i got. it was about the name of a town in germany. the town name was a bad word.

ooohhh, that sucks man. either way, its nice of you to officially apologize, many wouldnt have the cahoonas to do that :applause:

StephenK
03-18-2007, 04:52 PM
if i mess up i will admit to it and apologize. i have no problems doing that.

koibybrian
03-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I do not know the thread, however I do belive in this world Politcal correctness has stiffled thoughts an ideas. Seems we have become a Society of thin skined people. I have got taken to the wood shead at work over someting inoquious as a Corvette magazine and a tee shirt they sell. Well If I offend anyone forgive me please. I guess cars are supposed to stir emotions.

Apology accepted, I hope everything works out for you.

BILL
03-18-2007, 05:33 PM
i posted an email i got and it seemed to offend a good number of people. well i am sorry. it was not meant to offend anyone. like i told the 2 moderators that notified me i was being suspended for the post i am 50% german and thought it was funny. so if anyone was offended i am sorry. would also like to say sorry to everyone at autogeek. sorry

YOUR A GOOD MAN...DON'T KNOW THE POST BUT IT TAKES A MAN TO SAY HE'S SORRY.....;)

ScottB
03-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I think of myself as very open minded, even when it comes to posts and free speach. I took offense to the post, because its obvious intend was to use a vulgar word as many times as possible in non-vulgar settings. This is a word for many a child has had to taste a great deal of soap with .... so it comes as no surprise that someone (not Detailgod) would find a way to use it so blatantly.

I think we need to remember this is a detailing board, on that is designed to grow PBMA while discussing the products within and best uses. Off-topic was really designed for those conversations that dont quite border on detailing, but do have something to do with our world or recent events.

The moderators and admin valued Detailgod enough, and saw his true intent (passing on a joke) and allowed him to stay but deleting the post. I think we did the right thing, and it shows that we do care for each one of you and value what you have to offer. Sometimes we must ask you to move "back on topic" . I for one, am glad to see the apology and hope it sets the tone so that others refrain from a post that "might" be considered to risky.

trhland
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
ive posted stuff on other detailing sites and have got a warning for some resone and i didnt even curse.just jokes that really shouldnt afend anyone . but some one got a bug up there butt about it and reported me. i could care less if they kicked me off . im not on that site to much anymore anyway. a/g is the one main site i really enjoy so im going be carefull about any jokes i post.

StephenK
03-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I think of myself as very open minded, even when it comes to posts and free speach. I took offense to the post, because its obvious intend was to use a vulgar word as many times as possible in non-vulgar settings. This is a word for many a child has had to taste a great deal of soap with .... so it comes as no surprise that someone (not Detailgod) would find a way to use it so blatantly.

I think we need to remember this is a detailing board, on that is designed to grow PBMA while discussing the products within and best uses. Off-topic was really designed for those conversations that dont quite border on detailing, but do have something to do with our world or recent events.

The moderators and admin valued Detailgod enough, and saw his true intent (passing on a joke) and allowed him to stay but deleting the post. I think we did the right thing, and it shows that we do care for each one of you and value what you have to offer. Sometimes we must ask you to move "back on topic" . I for one, am glad to see the apology and hope it sets the tone so that others refrain from a post that "might" be considered to risky.

it was a word i tasted alot of hot sauce for myself. and i agree with how you guys handles it. if i or anyone else offended someone actions have to be taken. and once again i am sorry

ltoman
03-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I did not see it and you apologized - don't worry about it!!! Oh a bad word. Move on - we are all human.......