PDA

View Full Version : how often can you polish?

mparker30
03-18-2007, 03:51 PM
How often can you polish with pinacle paintwork cleansiing lotion? the reason I ask is because I read that it isnt that abrasive. I just used it 2 weeks ago and applied 2 coats of KSG. I like the shine of soveran. So would I be a fool to polish it again and just use the soveran. Now I didn't polish the correct way. Wel idon't thinmk I polished each panel long enough. Even though the paint is in great shape. Only about 2 months old. I used a pc with a white pad. What would you guys/gals do? Just wash, clay and soveran and wait 6 months to polish, Or wash, clay, polish and wax. .

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 04:49 PM
well, if you did something and don't feel it came out very good or could be better, just go ahead and re polish with what ever polish you choose. the paintwork cleanser, i believe, it more of a paint cleaner rather than a swirl remover, correct me if im wrong.

if you are just using the paintwork cleanser, I wouldnt worry about how many times you use it, just dont over-do it, you know?

a lot of detailing is moderation. do what you need to do to get the paint looking perfect, but dont keep going and taking moer and more layers off for the sake of being anal-retentive.

so, i would suggest wash/clay/polish/ and perhaps seal and wax, rather than just waxing. this way, you dont need to worry about it for a little longer. either way, just keep up the finish after you are done with a quick detail spray, like pinnacle crystal mist or the new DP quick detailer.

good luck. post up some pics so we can get you some better advice.

mparker30
03-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I will post some pics on saturday. Due to the snow, I wont be able to detail untill friday

BILL
03-18-2007, 05:30 PM
How often can you polish with pinacle paintwork cleansiing lotion? the reason I ask is because I read that it isnt that abrasive. I just used it 2 weeks ago and applied 2 coats of KSG. I like the shine of soveran. So would I be a fool to polish it again and just use the soveran. Now I didn't polish the correct way. Wel idon't thinmk I polished each panel long enough. Even though the paint is in great shape. Only about 2 months old. I used a pc with a white pad. What would you guys/gals do? Just wash, clay and soveran and wait 6 months to polish, Or wash, clay, polish and wax. .

i do it every 6 months.........then wax or seal...:)

ScottB
03-18-2007, 05:44 PM
you should be able to light polish (abrasive) twice a year for many years without issue. That said, paint cleaners like Pinnacle/P21S are less likely to harm paint as they are chemical strippers at best. So I would use them, and just them where/when possible.

BILL
03-18-2007, 05:49 PM
you should be able to light polish (abrasive) twice a year for many years without issue. That said, paint cleaners like Pinnacle/P21S are less likely to harm paint as they are chemical strippers at best. So I would use them, and just them where/when possible.

MAYBE A.I.O. ALSO???

Mike T
03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Are there any be leavers in using an mild abrasive polish with such hand applicators like WG's polish/wax applicators? situations like spot work.

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Are there any be leavers in using an mild abrasive polish with such hand applicators like WG's polish/wax applicators? situations like spot work.

thats going to act as a wax/sealant stripper rather than any defect correction. there's really not much you can do by hand in regards to corrections.

Nuke33
03-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I think 2 times a year would be enough if you followed proper prodecures as not to swirl paint but im sure you can do it more offten with a pc and light polish.