PDA

View Full Version : Caring for high GSM plush towels?

Charleston
04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Whats the best method when washing a 730GSM Ultra Plush Microfiber Drying Towel?

Just wash and dry in washer/dryer?

Thanks guys!

And WOW this towel is great, drys quickly and its very soft.

Charleston
04-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Bueller?

wgilles
04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Pick up some of the microfiber cleaners they sell here on AGO. Wash them with that in the washer/dryer as normal using the microfiber wash. Don't use Fabric softener!!

Dry them normally, however MF towels usually dry quicker than regular items.

Detail_Dude
04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Low, no heat in wash and dry.... and no fabric softener.

opie_7afe
04-24-2012, 12:09 PM
no heat? the heat of a washer will NOT damage towels, imo you need hot water to remove wax/sealant residues and get the towels cleaner. the problems i have had with towels have been due to the detergents and not heat...heck the towels i get from the linnen washing facility my father inlaw works at are nice plush grabby and they get dried in an industrial drier which is way hotter then our household ones. so there is no damage that will happen, to the OP dollar general has some delicate wash detergent for 1$ best stuff i have found for towels, even free and clear does not do to towels what the delicate wash does, but if your making an order anyways get some micro-restore or CG towel cleaner.

Detail_Dude
04-24-2012, 12:23 PM
no heat? the heat of a washer will NOT damage towels, imo you need hot water to remove wax/sealant residues and get the towels cleaner. the problems i have had with towels have been due to the detergents and not heat...heck the towels i get from the linnen washing facility my father inlaw works at are nice plush grabby and they get dried in an industrial drier which is way hotter then our household ones. so there is no damage that will happen, to the OP dollar general has some delicate wash detergent for 1$ best stuff i have found for towels, even free and clear does not do to towels what the delicate wash does, but if your making an order anyways get some micro-restore or CG towel cleaner.

I actually wash my MFs on 'warm', but use low to zero heat when drying. I had read somewhere it's best to use just enough heat to dry the towels and do not over heat the towels b/c excessive amounts of heat may not be good for them in the long run.

Then again, I am no expert.