PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Leather Conditioner

Detail_Dude
04-23-2012, 09:56 PM
While not a 'review', per-se, I have to give you some feedback on CG's Leather Conditioner (LC).

I have a 2011 BMW with a dark saddle brown interior. It felt and looked a bit dry after this past winter and I thought it would be a good candidate for CG's LC. Yes, I know my seats have a protective layer that won't be penetrated. This was mostly for 'my taste', not textbook results.

Using a small yellow foam applicator, I gently massaged the LC into my seats and all other leather trimmings. I ran out of time and didn't get to buff it off with a clean MF. The next day, my car had a new leather smell (kinda) again, the leather looked darker, had a nice sheen (not matte, which would have been if I had wiped off with a MF). But wait, here's the kicker. When I sit down, my butt slides/glides into the seat but stays put. It's so weird, but good! I don't have to 'adjust' when I get it, I literally slide into place but then stay put (no slide at all) during the ride.

And, no, there is no 'greasy' feeling nor look. Just a light 'sheen' that's perfectly dry to the touch.

That must sound weird, I know.

Bottom line - I really like the product and recommend it. Remember, a little goes a long way with this stuff, so don't dump it on. Massage it gently and thoroughly with a clean foam applicator is my recommendation for application.

Webb
04-23-2012, 10:12 PM
I have a new car,so I don't think I would need cleaner/conditioner,but I still use it.
I'm going to try CG leather stuff on my couch and leather jackets to see what happens.

Agfan
04-23-2012, 11:22 PM
New cars need conditioner as well!!! Do it now so it stays as nice as the day you got it.
And this is my favorite leather conditioner.

BuckeyeR/T
04-24-2012, 06:17 AM
I just started using this stuff for my Jeep. The glare off of the leather dash with some of the other conditioners was killing me. After cleaning with the CG leather cleaner then using the conditioner, it is much much better. BTW the Leather smell "(kinda)" is spot on. :)

rider9195
04-24-2012, 06:31 AM
This is my go to leather conditioner. It seems to have light cleaners in it as well.

Detail_Dude
04-24-2012, 06:46 AM
I have a new car,so I don't think I would need cleaner/conditioner,but I still use it.
I'm going to try CG leather stuff on my couch and leather jackets to see what happens.

I beliee "Leather Stuff" is a product by Poorboys - I believe. Also, I believe reading good reviews about it.

New cars need conditioner as well!!! Do it now so it stays as nice as the day you got it.
And this is my favorite leather conditioner.

Agreed.

I just started using this stuff for my Jeep. The glare off of the leather dash with some of the other conditioners was killing me. After cleaning with the CG leather cleaner then using the conditioner, it is much much better. BTW the Leather smell "(kinda)" is spot on. :)

Yep.."kinda", but good enough. I loved the smell when I hopped in my ride earlier this AM.

This is my go to leather conditioner. It seems to have light cleaners in it as well.

Agreed. My foam applicator had just a little bit of dirt/stuff after putting the LC on. Btw, I sprayed it with APC+ 4:1, rinsed well, line dried and it's just like new.

shoeless89
04-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I can't remember who but someone else did a review on CG Leather Conditioner and they didn't like it at all. Leather conditioners are one thing I don't have much experience with yet. Maybe I'll have to try it!

Detail_Dude
04-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I can't remember who but someone else did a review on CG Leather Conditioner and they didn't like it at all. Leather conditioners are one thing I don't have much experience with yet. Maybe I'll have to try it!

Don't quote me :) but I think it was Mark, whose opinion I value btw. This product was practically leaping into my garage and I couldn't stop it. So, I had to try it out.

I may try it on an old leather couch in my house one of these days.