PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie with what to buy questions

aklsufan
03-18-2007, 02:06 PM
What an amazing site, I never realized there was more to it than just a wash and wax. Here is my situation I just ordered the Pinnacle liquid soveran wax and light swirl remover kit along with the pc 7424 pad kit that cost 189.99. I live in AK and had these items shipped to my folks in louisiana since I will be down there next week, did that to avoid outrageous shipping to AK. I need to know is there any other products I should order to ensure they will be in LA before I fly back to Ak.

Thanks

orngez
03-18-2007, 02:15 PM
for basic detailing should be good...

Nuke33
03-18-2007, 07:13 PM
should work good

nick19
03-18-2007, 07:17 PM
What are your goals?

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 07:49 PM
those are all very good products. the only things i would even consider adding are some microfiber towels, maybe a glaze, and thats really it. you will def. need the towels though...

good luck, hope it ships as planned.

aklsufan
03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
We have a 05 black monte carlo and and the front looks rough from the dirt they put on the roads in ak. I am wondering how can I clean in and around the supercharged ss emblems on the doors so it will match the rest of the car after using the pc. I have some microfiber towels already, not to sure what brand of glaze and wash soap to use? A clay bar will also be used and I am also going to order the cobra guzzler that is currently out of stock. Keep the tips coming along with brand suggestions this is so new to me and can't wait till it gets above freezing. Shipping is fast and taking advantage of the free shipping while I can. I will probably place one more final order in a day or two.

nick19
03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
We have a 05 black monte carlo and and the front looks rough from the dirt they put on the roads in ak. I am wondering how can I clean in and around the supercharged ss emblems on the doors so it will match the rest of the car after using the pc. I have some microfiber towels already, not to sure what brand of glaze and wash soap to use? A clay bar will also be used and I am also going to order the cobra guzzler that is currently out of stock. Keep the tips coming along with brand suggestions this is so new to me and can't wait till it gets above freezing. Shipping is fast and taking advantage of the free shipping while I can. I will probably place one more final order in a day or two.
Glaze:

XMT FG
WG FG
Pinnacle Finishing Polish
Meg's #5
Meg's #7

Soap:

Any DP soap
DG soap
NTS7 soap
PB's SSS
Meg's GC (available at Pep Boys etc)

There's many out there, but this is what commonly gets good reviews.

You can pick up some nice MF from Wal-Mart as well.

Hope this helps..

-Nick :cheers:

Jimmie
03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Forgive me for spending your $$$. How about some products for Wheels; Tires: Interior Cleaner and Protectant: Leather: Glass; Engine Cleaner: Claying; Tools. The reason that I mentioned all of these at the same time is that you indicated that it might be more cost effective to get everything in La. Welcome to AG. Wouldn't worry too much about buying it all at once. It's so adicting that your list becomes like a living thing.

aklsufan
03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Already started looking into the interior products for the dash and leather seats, there are so many options it's hard to figure out which one to go with. Hope the wife doesn't see the cc statement with the stuff I ordered in the past 2 weeks, but basically this is for her black monte my truck is white and it seems to hide its flaws pretty good. I have always kept my rigs clean growing up, just never realized I could get them cleaner.

nick19
03-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Already started looking into the interior products for the dash and leather seats, there are so many options it's hard to figure out which one to go with. Hope the wife doesn't see the cc statement with the stuff I ordered in the past 2 weeks, but basically this is for her black monte my truck is white and it seems to hide its flaws pretty good. I have always kept my rigs clean growing up, just never realized I could get them cleaner.
I really like the WG Vinyl and Rubber conditioner and Meg's Hyper Dressing for the interior. Optimum is also another choice. I also have WG's leather contionder, and man this stuff rocks!! :righton:

Pinnacle also makes good leather cleaners/conditioners as well...

-Nick :cheers: