PDA

View Full Version : Time between Collinite 845 coats?

WRXINXS
04-23-2012, 02:33 PM
I posted a similar thread in product guide section but only got one response. I was wondering how long I have to wait in between coats of Collinite 845?

Drew

walletless
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
12-15 hours between coats. Although some people suggest a cure time of 3 days between coats.

sparty
04-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I apply the second coat after my next wash - which is the following weekend. Works great every time.

-Sparty

FUNX650
04-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Many waxes should be left to cure up to at least 12 hours. If you can...Allow that same time period between your #845 layering-session.

{Also: I've often wondered if the claim that Polycharger CH2 Wax Booster (for 'solvent-based' waxes) will, among other things:
-Accelerate the curing process of a wax (such as Collinite #845). And, if so, by what extent?!?! }

Sorry, OP, ^^^Just thinking out loud^^^.

:)

Bob

rider9195
04-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Many waxes should be left to cure up to at least 12 hours. If you can...Allow that same time period between your #845 layering-session.

{Also: I've often wondered if the claim that Polycharger CH2 Wax Booster (for 'solvent-based' waxes) will, among other things:
-Accelerate the curing process of a wax (such as Collinite #845). And, if so, by what extent?!?! }

Sorry, OP, ^^^Just thinking out loud^^^.

Bob

I agree with Bob. I actually remember someone saying they mixed in some PolyCharger with their 845 and it caused it to streak when attempting to wipe the product off.

WRXINXS
04-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Bob,

here is a thought for you (I have always wondered about this). When you buy Polycharger and add it to wax/sealant, it is only good for 48 hours before it hardens. So how can Blackfire and Four Star and other Polycharged sealants be premixed without hardening?

Just a though of mine. Thanks for your help.

Drew

FUNX650
04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Bob,

here is a thought for you (I have always wondered about this). When you buy Polycharger and add it to wax/sealant, it is only good for 48 hours before it hardens. So how can Blackfire and Four Star and other Polycharged sealants be premixed without hardening?

Just a though of mine. Thanks for your help.

Drew

It is said that:
Polycharger is a set of ingredients already mixed in with the above LSP examples, as well as others (Sonus comes to mind).

Later, it seems, these now already mixed, "polycharged-set of ingredients-LSP's" will better serve to: Help interlock and cross-link polymers...forming an ultra tight bond with CC.

-"Set of Ingredients": Proprietary Chemicals?
-Already Mixed-In (A.): Chemists/Blenders are aptly qualified to mix what their Bosses request for a product's characteristics in "Laboratory Conditions"
-Already Mixed-In (B.): Proper 'blending' results in a pre-mixed polycharged product that doesn't harden...Even though we're told to shake the dickens out of it before, during, and...What the he!!...Afterwards, also.

The above is probably way off base and may not be beneficial...But I had FUN in doing so anyway. LOL

What do you think, Drew?

Bob

WRXINXS
04-23-2012, 07:41 PM
That makes sense Bob! I catch your drift. Thanks!