PDA

View Full Version : warm water vs cold

SON1C
04-23-2012, 08:05 AM
For washing, does using cold water from the hose make much of a difference from using warm water?

rider9195
04-23-2012, 08:08 AM
It seems that warm water helps to break up dirt and grime. I mainly use warm water for rinseless washing during colder months.

Bamaboy007
04-23-2012, 08:16 AM
I always use very warm water for my 2 buckets, but of course I use Cold water out of the hose for rinsing.

FUNX650
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
It probably makes a difference, depending upon whether your car wash shampoo(s) are either cold-water/warm-water activated, or both. The product's label may have recommendations for best water temperature.

Also...It's pretty important to not overlook vehicles' panels' surface temp...IMO.

:)

Bob

Vegas Transplant
04-23-2012, 10:28 AM
On your average four wheller, my answer is no.
Tools such as the Hotsy, are for use in degreasing vehicles where leaks are an issue.

However, I always use warm water in my wash buckets. Hot water in my ONR buckets.
I refill all ONR QD bottles with hot water.
Why? I haven't the slightest clue. Just a habit that I have.

bigez
04-23-2012, 02:47 PM
If you have a crusty old water heater, then you are running your water through it to heat it, and then I think it's possible you are introducing "harder" water or water with deposits in it. I heard a plumber talking about this, but I'm no expert. I'm sure somebody else will chime in.

TimmyG
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I just purchased a deionizer filter to run my wash/rinse water through. I'll post a writeup after I use it for the first time. Hoping for a spot free finish with without needing to hand dry/masterblast/etc. We will see.

Webb
04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
I spray the car with cold water,but the 2 buckets are hot and I wash the wheels/tires with hot water as well.

dad07
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
It depends on the ambient temps.........if its cold out side(below 55 which is cold to me) I use warm to hot water for a wash and rinse......just the opposite for warmer temps because of the cooling affect it has on me.

BobbyG
04-23-2012, 05:23 PM
I like warm water. Car wash detergents seem to like warm water better than cold and warm water dissolves contaminates better too...

In the winter it also keeps my hands from freezing........:dblthumb2: