PDA

View Full Version : Pad preference

JJH2329
04-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Can anyone recommend a brand of foam pads they prefer to use? I currently have Cobra foam pads. There are a few different companies out there so wondering if anyone favors one brand or type over another. Thanks!

Agfan
04-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Shhhh but über pads are the best for their price. Love them. Also 3m pads are really good but expensive.

RhetoricMixes
04-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Ive been using nothing but the LC CCS pads lately and have nothing but good things to say about those. Havent tried any other brands yet but looking to buy some of the chemical guys hex logic pads.

opie_7afe
04-22-2012, 11:42 PM
uber pads = buff and shine btw, me i use lake country and buff and shine FLAT pads, both are great brands of pads, but buff and shines foam is a bit different then LC.i honestly do not see the point in CCS pads especialy if one is using a free rotating DA, with these polishers we spend all this time trying to get faster and better correction yet some choose the pad with the lease amount of correctional ability because of less surface area is in contact with the paint. to me the pockets seem to inhibit certain products abrasives from breaking down all at the same time and constantly giving more fresh product so that in turn makes you need to work the product even longer. that is my opinion on the ccs pads i say flat all the way!. however, the ccs or cobra pads are great for applying a wax because it will hold product in the pores so they are not all bad.

rhetoric i doubt the cg pads will offer you any more of a benefit then your current pads, and those hex designs i dont see a purpose to them the places that are missing foam are still open cell so they will absorb the product same as the rest of the pad will. stick with what you like. you seem to like the ccs and the same foam is used in the flat pads as well(not the hybrids). if you are looking for a pad with more cutting ability go with surbuff pads. just some suggestions.

JJH2329
04-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Good feedback....Thanks everyone!