PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion: what is the lowest quality wax?

ltoman
03-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Feed back please Ok, wherever I go I see the lowest price on otc wax on KIT wax. The cheapest of them all - in the yellow bottle.

Bottle states it even contains caranuba - but there only has to be a minute amount to include it as an ingredient.
Turtle wax - (ugh, the one and only evil turtle wax! lol) is more $$$$.

So what do you think is the worst? Why?

KIT - any of you use it?

I just can't believe Mike could get good use put of a 10-20 year old bottle of it. No wax lasts that long, either!! Right? Got me curious.

Everyone toss in your two cents!
Thanks!
lauren

wytstang
03-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Actually KIT carnuaba is not all that bad (or there soap). I would take KIT over TW since I remember it being easier to apply and remove. It's been awhile since I used it but I remeber liking it.

nick19
03-18-2007, 12:59 AM
I cannot really comment. I own NB and Meg's NXT, the cheapest waxes I own, and love both. I also own some Zymol wax over $100 (collectors wax).

They all seem to work for me.

Although I couldn't see the wax being very good if he lives in a cold climate. On my bottle of Kit wax, it says right on the back, "DO NOT LET FREEZE".

It would be worth $4 to buy a new bottle, and not use a 12 year old bottle.

supercharged
03-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Turtle wax and Kit.

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 09:13 AM
whats that other crap product in the prange bottle? says you only need to apply every two years... dang, i forget what its called.

trhland
03-18-2007, 09:21 AM
im going to try yankee candle wax:p see how that works:p

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 09:38 AM
im going to try yankee candle wax:p see how that works:p

at least it'll smell good when i light it on fire, :D

ScottB
03-18-2007, 10:17 AM
whats that other crap product in the prange bottle? says you only need to apply every two years... dang, i forget what its called.

Nu-Finish ???

koibybrian
03-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Nu Finish I belive! My or worst wax ever TW colar back! Matter of fact years ago any of the Wax that promoted to restore colar, forgot names however they where colar specific and only stained my hands. For as far as price well not quality is JAX was given to me from custom shop that I buy stuff for my truck. The Jax seems to be okay, But it was a freebie! I have bought alot from that shop.
Just a thought for Nick, hmm from the most expensive wax thread. Nick if you stick with the $1852 Zymol you cut your yearly cost for wax by two thirds. Down to $50 a year with the free refills. Anyway a thought! Still alot of waxing one must do.

Surfer
03-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Nu-Finish ???Yeh has to be Nu-Finish.

bambo2888
03-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Nu-Finish ???

haha YES! that's the one...

Nuke33
03-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Id say Turtle Wax

ltoman
03-18-2007, 09:38 PM
haha YES! that's the one...
never tried it, sure have seen it. what is the deal with it

Surfer
03-18-2007, 10:21 PM
never tried it, sure have seen it. what is the deal with itcrapola lol. I remember the Infomercial Ad's years ago lol. If anything, it's actualy a good paint cleaner, stuff is strong as heck lol. For one thing I doubt any infomercial claims, and another, if somebody wants something that looks good and will maintain durability for throughout the year, I'd say do two layers of Collinite 915, or 476 etc, you'll have the carnauba look but durability that outlast basically any selaant. I'm going months now on 915 on our other cars and slickness and look are still there, impressed.

Bigunns
03-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I live in South FL. and it was always kept in my garage. I have thrown away a lot of old wax but when I poured some of the Kit out and used a little....it looked and smelled good!! Go figure, so that's why used it. The wax is not more than 10 years old. I moved to FL in 1992 so I probably bought it about 5 years afterwards. I have come to the conclusion from what everyone has said that if you prep the car properly, and I clayed it, used paint cleaner, polish and a decent wax in Meg. NXT, and the Kit really isn't that bad so it came it nice. I am expecting a differenence once I use my PC and then use XMT swirl remover (even though it's very slight) and then polish it again and put a coat of Wolfgang High Gloss Sealant on it and top it off with Max Wax. I'm sure it will look like a million bucks. You'll be the judge because I am posting all my detail jobs on my Mikesworld site so you can compare all the different details. Hey, I'm having fun with this and I actually enjoy the time spent doing it.

I cannot really comment. I own NB and Meg's NXT, the cheapest waxes I own, and love both. I also own some Zymol wax over $100 (collectors wax).

They all seem to work for me.

Although I couldn't see the wax being very good if he lives in a cold climate. On my bottle of Kit wax, it says right on the back, "DO NOT LET FREEZE".

It would be worth $4 to buy a new bottle, and not use a 12 year old bottle.