PDA

View Full Version : Need a body shop safe interior dressing. Bulk quantities.

Zack01GC
04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
As I've grown from hobby detailing to a "professional" detailer at a high end dealership in the area (now managing my own crew of 3 guys), on top of working in their body shop nibbing, sanding, and buffing fresh paint, I need to revise some of the products we are using as most of the detailing will now be occurring within the body shop so I can stop having to be in two places at once.

I've got most of the products I need under control as far as paint shop safe (even tire dressing!), but I'm having trouble finding an interior dressing that is body/paint shop safe. I need something 100% silicone/wax/oil free, and can pretty much be applied to all interior surfaces. Also must be available in 5 gallon quantities. I won't buy less than a gallon of anything, the volume of cars on my shoulders just keeps increasing... A gallon would be gone in a matter of days, even if diluted.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Zack01GC
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Bueller?

DealerDetailer
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
I know your pain. What I used is Poorboy's Natural look. You can get it in the 5 gallon like you want. Hit up there site or contact Pockets here on autogeek.

Its $125 for the 5 gallon plus shipping.

"Natural Look is a very unique water-based interior dressing and light cleaner, with UV protection, and biocides to help prevent and remove mold. Natural Look leaves that "New Look" on Vinyl and Leather, and gives a beautiful matte or very low gloss finish, depending on application, leaving the surface
Not sticky or greasy, and dry to the touch."
• UV Protection
• Water-Based
• Prevents Mold
• Safe for leather
• Safe for vinyl tops
• Use on Tires, Seats, Dash Boards
• Use on Motorcycles
• Use on Plastics
• Use on Convertible Tops
• Cleans Dust & Light Grime
• Softens as it protects
• Body Shop Safe

Mobile detail
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I thought that AG doesn't sell 5 gals?

I've seen Automagic dressing at body shops and I use it. I don't buy the 5 gals cause I don't need that much and water down the gallon so its last a long time. I know a gallon costs around $21 and I know when you buy the 5 gal you basically get a gallon for free so I would think it would be around $80. Its water based and leaves anywhere from supershiney to matte depending on how you cut it.

DealerDetailer
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
I thought that AG doesn't sell 5 gals?

I don't think Autogeek does either. The 5 gallon you can get from Poorboys website -Poorboysworld.org

PERFECTIONPLUS
04-27-2012, 11:29 PM
In our body shop we use water based dressings for the interior. Never had any issues .

Buggy Bath
04-28-2012, 03:39 AM
Have you looked at Wizards?

Munich77
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
What about Meguire's Quick Interior detailer if they still sell it in gallon plus quantities.