PDA

View Full Version : cleaning inside badges and lettering?

brian45acp
04-22-2012, 05:21 PM
How are you guys getting all the haze and product out of your lettering? For example my "Tundra" lettering that is small or the "platinum" badges have hazy looking residue in them and I am trying it all with no luck. I went at it with an air compressor and a spray bottle of water and car wash but still there. I tried Q-tips with detail spray on them but still just smears.

I wish there were some sort of micro fiber brush that would get in those tiny areas.

Rsurfer
04-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Get a boars hair brush and Optimum Power Clean.

Rsurfer
04-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Clean Vent Kit $10.99
Two boars hair brushes for cleaning in tight places. Were calling it the Clean Vent Kit , but its really a clean everywhere kit. This kit contains two brushes that are invaluable when it comes to cleaning ...

opie_7afe
04-22-2012, 05:41 PM
1$ paint brush trim down the hairs for a stiffer brush, or order some stippling brushes(swissvax style) those can be found for around 5$ shipped or less. or qtip and a light polish is what i use to clean the paint inside the emblems, that is why i debaged my car minus the middle toyota emblem....

Waxy
04-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Old worn soft tooth brush.

brian45acp
04-22-2012, 09:23 PM
thanks guys. I am thinking about a debadge as well but I have a Platinum tundra and all the lettering matches well with the chrome door handles etc.

Not real sure if I want to take all the badges off. Dont you just let it sit outside a while and heat up then pull the letters off? I bought some plastic razor blades which would help start an edge to lift up and not scratch the paint.

Any tips if I decide to go that route?

Rsurfer
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
thanks guys. I am thinking about a debadge as well but I have a Platinum tundra and all the lettering matches well with the chrome door handles etc.

Not real sure if I want to take all the badges off. Dont you just let it sit outside a while and heat up then pull the letters off? I bought some plastic razor blades which would help start an edge to lift up and not scratch the paint.

Any tips if I decide to go that route?Use a hair dryer and some fishing line or dental floss.

Robert8194
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Steam and small boar's hair brush.

Ron Atchison
04-22-2012, 11:46 PM
+1 on the fishing line cuts right though the double back tape.

Slacking TJ
04-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Just curious how do you like your tundra. I have a 2011 platinum in black myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian45acp
04-23-2012, 08:25 AM
I love the Truck so far. I had the Rock Warrior 2009 before this and because 0% is the going rate I sold it instead of a refinance and got me a Platinum for the same payment brand new. Its all luxury and I am not used to having that which is nice.

Only problem is now I obsess on keeping it clean and dont want to drive it, lol. My buddy is mad that we dont take the truck to the gun range any more and instead drive my Corolla. No way am I working this hard to clean it and then drive down a dirt road for 200 yrds to ruin all that work.

CEE DOG
04-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Cleaning: 1" detailing brush during wash

Detailing: Electronics foam swabs

Slacking TJ
04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I hear ya Brian that's why I bought my tundra back in dec 2010 had a 2004 grand Cherokee overland which was paid off for a couple years was looking at either a ford or the tundra hard to beat 0 apr for 60 percents

Slacking TJ
04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Months