PDA

View Full Version : The cheapest wax EVER!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bigunns
03-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Please don't get offended!!! In 2 weeks I am going to use my PC and my new AG products to see how much nicer the detail looks using boutique products and a PC.

I had some Kit paste Carnuba wax on my shelf....had to be minimum 10-20 years old. It actually says on the bottle it's brazilian carnuba?? I wanted to use this as a barometer and compare it to the AG products I am going to use in a few weeks. Here's the link.......look at $3.00 Kit wax photo's, the other photo's were Meg. 4 step process toppped off with NXT paste wax. mikesworld (http://mikesworldis.blogspot.com/)

What do you think??? In 2-3 weeks I am going to use XMT swirl remover and then Wolfgang sealant and then top it off with some MAx Wax....a coat or two and we'll see the difference. Stay tuned!

ltoman
03-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Please don't get offended!!! In 2 weeks I am going to use my PC and my new AG products to see how much nicer the detail looks using boutique products and a PC.

I had some Kit paste Carnuba wax on my shelf....had to be minimum 10-20 years old. It actually says on the bottle it's brazilian carnuba?? I wanted to use this as a barometer and compare it to the AG products I am going to use in a few weeks. Here's the link.......look at $3.00 Kit wax photo's, the other photo's were Meg. 4 step process toppped off with NXT paste wax. cPanel® (http://mikesworld)

What do you think??? In 2-3 weeks I am going to use XMT swirl remover and then Wolfgang sealant and then top it off with some MAx Wax....a coat or two and we'll see the difference. Stay tuned!

It looks beautiful, i gotta say!! I would have never known.
I don't wax stays good for that long....
Oh, and they can label somethng as an ingredient even if it has just the smallest amount....
audi's got some som nice paint!!
let's see the max wax!!!

Lauren
Thank you for sharing with us!!!:righton:
I loved you reflection shot! So nice and clear.
You don't have orange peel like me vette, either.

ejflanag
03-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Well to me it looks pretty darn good and theres no need to do a swirl removal on your vehicle. 10-20 year old wax haha still got the job done

ltoman
03-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Well to me it looks pretty darn good and theres no need to do a swirl removal on your vehicle. 10-20 year old wax haha still got the job done

i have had meguiar's wax go bad in a lot less time than that - that is what i don't get.:confused:

Bigunns
03-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks Lauren and EJ, I couldn't believe it came out so good. I did it all by hand too. I can't wait to get my PC. It took me about 4 hours!! I definitely got my neighbors attention........they all came over and started asking questions. LOL

ltoman
03-17-2007, 11:52 PM
i think having the meg's underneath was a help.

Bigunns
03-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I did a Google search on Kit this is what they advertise:

Longest lasting shine and protection!
• Contains #1 grade Brazilian Carnauba Wax - the world's hardest natural wax - that shines up to 12 months.

They don't even sell it anymore.

i have had meguiar's wax go bad in a lot less time than that - that is what i don't get.:confused:

ltoman
03-18-2007, 12:01 AM
I did a Google search on Kit this is what they advertise:

Longest lasting shine and protection!
• Contains #1 grade Brazilian Carnauba Wax - the world's hardest natural wax - that shines up to 12 months.

They don't even sell it anymore.

they sell kit wax in ag and etc. yellow bottle - a liquid wax. they may have a paste form too - i don't know.

where did you get the idea they no longer make it? perhaps it is just the formulation you have?

Bigunns
03-18-2007, 12:07 AM
I don't think so? I went into the AG store and didn't see it nor did I in any of the Retail stores that normally carry it. I also did a google search and NOTHING. They might have been bought by Turtle Wax.

Surfer
03-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Pick up at least some Duragloss AW and Poorboys Natty's Blue wax. Nattys Blue is cheap and I put it right up ther ewith my $$ waxes.

I actually have an old bottle of Kit in the garage, yellow bottle.

nick19
03-18-2007, 01:56 AM
I have the same bottle, not but a year old, paid like $5 at Discount Auto... Pep Boys still sells em as well.

orngez
03-18-2007, 05:10 AM
definitely a great job detailing..but honestly your results or not from the Kit wax..its from a well prepped surface...just about any wax looks good on a well prepped surface...even the most top end wax would not look good if you did not claybar and polish first...

supercharged
03-18-2007, 07:36 AM
The cheapest wax I ever purchased was on clearance at Autozone - just 99 cents. It's Rain X paste wax.

trhland
03-18-2007, 08:02 AM
wax doesnt give it the shine its the polishing steps really .wax just gives it protection and added depth and wetness.

Bigunns
03-18-2007, 08:08 AM
So....I'm starting to understand all this. I agree that the prep work is most important but answer me this........how much better honestly...will the paint look after I put the Max Wax on compared to this?? I guess in 3 weeks, I'll find out.