PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on black magic tire shine

SON1C
04-22-2012, 02:25 PM
It's always worked great for me , I know it's a cheap OTC product but I mean it worked fine and lasts and after the gloss fades it still retains a matte black factory type fresh rubber

swanicyouth
04-22-2012, 02:32 PM
My main issue with OTC tire shine products like this isnt the look or durability; its that they are greasy and nasty to put on. Im using Opti-Bond and it's completely pleasant to work with.

SON1C
04-22-2012, 02:42 PM
How much does that run in bulk, oh but also my concer with bm is it has petroleum middle distillates and also it cautions breathing it's vapors, also isnt good for skin contact

I'm assuming all of this is due to the Petro

pickles
04-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I bought some black magic last week for the first time in awhile.I've been using meguiar's for the last few years and saw it at O'reilly's on sale with some of their other items so I got some.I really like it and for an OTC product it does last longer than most except for Meguiar's endurance line.

I also tried out the aerosol wheel cleaning foam and the car shampoo.The cleaning foam cleaned fairly well but getting it to spray was a chore.The bottle had to be held at one angle for it to spray product and not just air.I trashed it after one car.The bottle felt almost empty anyway.The shampoo is thin compared to others and it takes quite a bit to get a good foam going.Seems to clean fine though and the smell is that cherry scent that all of their products have.The tire dressing is the only black magic product that I will ever buy again.

Vegas Transplant
04-22-2012, 04:44 PM
If it is the thick clear liquid, then my opinion is on the negative side. Holds too much dust.
Big selling item at AZ in my area. I say this because of the alloted shelf space given to the SKU.

I also feel that the 'cheap' moniker is misleading hand, if referring to cost.

Rsurfer
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM
I like a satin look to my tires cause I don't want my tires to be shinier than my paint.:eek:

SON1C
04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
must need more glaze!

mwoolfso
04-22-2012, 06:27 PM
My main issue with OTC tire shine products like this isnt the look or durability; its that they are greasy and nasty to put on. Im using Opti-Bond and it's completely pleasant to work with.

+1.... most if not all OTC tire shine products are oil based. For the last 9 mos. I have been putting 1-3 layers of PERL; works wonders and this product can also be used for interiors as well. I purchased 2 liters and will likely last me 2-3 years easily.

SON1C
04-22-2012, 06:29 PM
yeah I'll try PERL eventually, everyone who uses it likes/loves it