PDA

View Full Version : Random mf question

SON1C
04-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Can ringing out damage a mf / degrade it , say for my drying towel it starts to become soaked

ScottB
04-22-2012, 09:37 AM
I have not noted an appreciable damage wringing out towels. I do use a MF specific soap, white vinegar in rinse, and those blue dryer balls to fluff and keep static at bay also.

SON1C
04-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Can you elaborate on why people use white vinegar in the rinse? And the blue dryer balls are worth it?

swanicyouth
04-22-2012, 11:13 AM
If you figure out a way to ring it out so you can give yourself enough leverage to rip the center part of the towel, that could damage it. But, it would probably take Hulk Hogan to do that.

swanicyouth
04-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Vinegar is a natural fabric softner that leaves towels nice and fluffy. I just started doing this with white distilled vinegar and it works great. Regular fabric softner can leave chemical on the towels that will be transferred to your paint when you use them.

Ron Atchison
04-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Vinegar is a natural fabric softner that leaves towels nice and fluffy. I just started doing this with white distilled vinegar and it works great. Regular fabric softner can leave chemical on the towels that will be transferred to your paint when you use them.

They will also loose their absorbency from fabric softeners.

FUNX650
04-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Can you elaborate on why people use white vinegar in the rinse?

-Most detergents are alkaline (ph around 12).
- "Detergent-Washing" anything, including MF towels, can leave minute traces of 'detergent-residue' in/upon a wash-load.
-Vinegar is acetic acid (ph around 2)
-Vinegar, then, balances the ph when used in the rinse cycle
-Vinegar is a natural "softener"
-Vinegar 'removes' the minute, residual detergent.

Vinegaring MF towels? I usually just add 1(one) teaspoon of White Vinegar, per towel, to the rinse cycle.

And...I wring away when a MF towel gets too wet, as it seems, to absorb to my expectations.

:)

Bob

SON1C
04-22-2012, 02:31 PM
So any typical white vinegar will suffice?

swanicyouth
04-22-2012, 02:38 PM
I use white distilled, but not sure if there is a better one

BWG707
04-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Those blue laundry balls are so cheap you can't go wrong. They do actually work. I've found that they reduce stactic significantly and your towels dry faster. I ordered mine from a site in China, dirt cheap, shipping takes a while but who's in a rush for laundry balls. I paid about $3 for 4.

Mobile detail
04-22-2012, 04:41 PM
I've had my CG MF for about 3 years and use them daily and they have held up well. The Cobras have been fine as well. I notice if you use too much soap to clean them (I use CG MF wash and some Tide Free) that it will leave a film when you use them on glass or paint.

How is everyone washing their window MF? I know to wash them seperate from anything else, but I still get a film on them

SON1C
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
how much soap is usually the "proper amount"

Mustang81
04-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I follow the directions on the bottle. I think for DP they say to use 1 oz for a small load. Check the directions and you can't go wrong.

how much soap is usually the "proper amount"

SON1C
04-23-2012, 08:12 AM
well mines the tide free and clear, not a specific MF wash, so I wasn't sure to go by the directions on that?