PDA

View Full Version : Spray or Machine Application – Which One?

My Detailing Guys
04-22-2012, 08:26 AM
With the new products available to us today when it comes to waxes and paint sealants, in your opinion what are the pros and cons between;

1. Spray or machine application?

2. Can you get the same results with either one?

I’m trying to fine an equal balance between giving the customer superior results, and saving me time with the application process. I know one of the deciding factors is; “It’s what the customer wants!” However, I find many customers what their car's done and ready to go in a couple of hours or less, when in reality it can be a 3 to 4 hour detail.

Example: The car is less than 5 years old; paint is in good condition, customer does not what paint correction, but wants a deep shine.

Thanks,

Greg

SeaJay's
04-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Spray wax is definitely a time saver. But I still am a machine application person when I have the time. If I'm being rushed it's a spray wax, something like Optimum Spray Wax.

My Detailing Guys
04-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Spray wax is definitely a time saver. But I still am a machine application person when I have the time. If I'm being rushed it's a spray wax, something like Optimum Spray Wax.

I agree with you, I prefer machine application. I'll have to try the Optimun Spray Wax in the future.

Greg