PDA

View Full Version : What chemicals do you use with your extractor?

Pages : [1] 2 3

slickooz
04-20-2012, 10:21 PM
I just got my extractor today from Fedex today and was wonder if it is safe to use it with APC or Folex. I have a job coming up next week that needs serious interior work done. Do I need to get no foam solution to put inside the tank? I have read or saw somewhere that without it can damage the extractor.

What chemicals are you guys using with your extractor? And is there any precaution I should know about?

rolop6
04-21-2012, 12:10 AM
I just got my extractor today from Fedex today and was wonder if it is safe to use it with APC or Folex. I have a job coming up next week that needs serious interior work done. Do I need to get no foam solution to put inside the tank? I have read or saw somewhere that without it can damage the extractor.

What chemicals are you guys using with your extractor? And is there any precaution I should know about?

I just got my Mytee Lite II today as well, I bought a defamer due to the safety concerns. I don't plant on buying new motors, so better safe than sorry with Folex and APC. I have read some people use APC plus at 64:1 and it doesn't foam very much. I'm using mine tomorrow with a job I need to finish up. Oh by the way, did u get a Mytee? If so did your handle fit? With mine the holes don't match up, and yes the bolts were loose, the way the holes are set up are wrong, so the bolts don't go in straight, it's at an angle. Oh well.

slickooz
04-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Yep I got the Mytee lite ii. I didn't get the chance to put everything together because I had to rush to the city today. I will let you know tomorrow when I have more time. Where did you get the defamer from? Are they expensive?

Agfan
04-21-2012, 12:29 AM
H20

mrGolfRider
04-21-2012, 06:50 AM
You want to only use water in the extractor. Your main concern when using an extractor is flushing all the chemicals and dirt from the fibers of the carpet or seats. If you use a cleaner in the extractor, all you are doing is pushing more "soap" into what you are cleaning.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

SON1C
04-21-2012, 08:31 AM
are these worth the investment? what do some good models run $

bill walsh
04-21-2012, 08:48 AM
i just read a company selling mytee 2 lite for 6.99.00

bill walsh
04-21-2012, 08:49 AM
i mean $699.00

slickooz
04-21-2012, 09:39 AM
You want to only use water in the extractor. Your main concern when using an extractor is flushing all the chemicals and dirt from the fibers of the carpet or seats. If you use a cleaner in the extractor, all you are doing is pushing more "soap" into what you are cleaning.

What if your just using APC or Folex and water in the tank? Will it cost any problem to the motor? Is the deformer only needed when you use solution inside the tank?

are these worth the investment? what do some good models run $

I think they are if you have serious interior cleaning. They can be found online anywhere from 650-1k+ depending on models.

mrGolfRider
04-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't think it will cause harm. It just goes back to the fact that your not removing all the cleaner and after it dries it will wick dirt easier.

The defoamer is for when your rinsing the cleaning agent out of the carpet and the extractor is pulling all that into the holding tank. Usually these extractors have a high water lift value and the product you end up soaking up foams BC it is being sucked up so fast.

ScubaCougr
04-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Alternate opinion: I picked up a gallon of Zep carpet cleaner from HD. They have two versions, get the one for extractors which doesn't foam.

Seems to work well, especially when pre-treating with Folex.

And my Mytee handle didn't fit either. But the machine is a beast compared to the wet-vac and towel method. Saves me an hour at least on interiors and almost makes them fun to do.

slickooz
04-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Alternate opinion: I picked up a gallon of Zep carpet cleaner from HD. They have two versions, get the one for extractors which doesn't foam.

Seems to work well, especially when pre-treating with Folex.

And my Mytee handle didn't fit either. But the machine is a beast compared to the wet-vac and towel method. Saves me an hour at least on interiors and almost makes them fun to do.

What do you have to do when the handle doesnt fit? Wrap tape around it? Thanks going check out Zep extractor version.

I don't think it will cause harm. It just goes back to the fact that your not removing all the cleaner and after it dries it will wick dirt easier.

The defoamer is for when your rinsing the cleaning agent out of the carpet and the extractor is pulling all that into the holding tank. Usually these extractors have a high water lift value and the product you end up soaking up foams BC it is being sucked up so fast.

Thanks! Going do some testing today on my dad mini van today. Will report back later tonight.

AutowerxDetailing
04-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I was doing a carpet cleaning job at a church and ended up running out of solution mid job. Picked up a few gallons of Simple Green carpet cleaning solution at the local hardware store. It did such a great job that's all I use now.

slickooz
04-22-2012, 08:36 AM
I was doing a carpet cleaning job at a church and ended up running out of solution mid job. Picked up a few gallons of Simple Green carpet cleaning solution at the local hardware store. It did such a great job that's all I use now.

Thanks going check these stuff out.

When I tried to connect the the hose and handle. The part where water goes though, won't connect properly. How do I get it to fit?

ShineTimeDetail
04-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Does the defoamer go in the waste tank or do you spray it on the carpets? I'd imaging carpets but I thought I've heard the tank.