PDA

View Full Version : Economical Microfiber Wash?

Pages : [1] 2

shoeless89
04-20-2012, 10:04 PM
So with this being the busy season I'm doing about 3-5 loads of MF's a week. I've been using Micro-Restore doesn’t just clean microfiber, it restores microfiber! (http://www.autogeek.net/mr32.html) for a while but thinking about trying Chemical Guys Microfiber Wash + Microfiber Cleaning Detergent, microfiber detergent, microfiber cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-microfiber-wash-128.html) what do you guys think? Has anyone tried Chemical Guys MF wash? If so what do you think? Feed back please

david11g35
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I use it. I really like it.. as a matter of fact yesterday I was out of Tide so I decided to use the MF was from CG. Used 3 caps to wash my gym clothes..everything came out clean smelling good and soft

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

shoeless89
04-20-2012, 11:01 PM
I use it. I really like it.. as a matter of fact yesterday I was out of Tide so I decided to use the MF was from CG. Used 3 caps to wash my gym clothes..everything came out clean smelling good and soft

Thanks for the input!

faulksy
04-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I had been using it until I ran out. Found it great as a presoak for my dirty wheel cloths too. Currently using 3D towel clean

david11g35
04-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the input!

A lil goes a long way.

Bates Detailing
04-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Been doing about a load or 2 a day and use the Arm and Hammer with oxy - has always worked good for me...... can you guys tell a big difference with the MF restorer????

BigBrad
04-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Been doing about a load or 2 a day and use the Arm and Hammer with oxy - has always worked good for me...... can you guys tell a big difference with the MF restorer????

I have been wanting to try this, but was worried about maybe drying them out..? I'd that makes sense..?

PPLd
04-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Anyone else here use APC or degreasers for washing towels / pads?
I frequently use Meguiar's APC+ for washing my pads + MF, and APC+ even took out the paint sealant from red pad that I could not remove using other chemicals.

Lasthope05
04-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Dedicated microfiber detergents. The snake oil of the detailing industry since the inception of microfibers. Its nothing more than a regular degreaser. Just stick to a few oz of megs SD or zep citrus with tide free or what ever non fabric softening detergent.

LSUFAN
04-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Been doing about a load or 2 a day and use the Arm and Hammer with oxy - has always worked good for me...... can you guys tell a big difference with the MF restore????

I didnt think it would. But when it went on BOGO i jumped on it to try it out. I was Wowed. i do a normal wash with tide and then again with the mirco restore and the difference is amazing IMO. if you havent seen from my post in the unpacking thread i just picked up another gallon that came in today. was so happy bc ive been going a week with out it an in just this week doing a load a day ive noticed the difference

Bates Detailing
04-20-2012, 11:36 PM
I didnt think it would. But when it went on BOGO i jumped on it to try it out. I was Wowed. i do a normal wash with tide and then again with the mirco restore and the difference is amazing IMO. if you havent seen from my post in the unpacking thread i just picked up another gallon that came in today. was so happy bc ive been going a week with out it an in just this week doing a load a day ive noticed the difference

Hmmmm, may have to give it a shot. I was tempted to toss all our MFs (around 400!) and just replace them..... mainly cause these Semis are just so nasty and seems to be wearing out the MFs - takes at least 30 or so to detail the inside of 1 Semi :/ Then Ive got the MFs specifically for paint that my guys end up dropping in some leaves all the time lol (not really funny to me) and a wash won't get them out. RANTING - sorry! But yeah man, if you believe it is making a good difference I think I may try it out - everyone else agree?!?!?

storm100
04-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Hmmmm, may have to give it a shot. I was tempted to toss all our MFs (around 400!) and just replace them..... mainly cause these Semis are just so nasty and seems to be wearing out the MFs - takes at least 30 or so to detail the inside of 1 Semi :/ Then Ive got the MFs specifically for paint that my guys end up dropping in some leaves all the time lol (not really funny to me) and a wash won't get them out. RANTING - sorry! But yeah man, if you believe it is making a good difference I think I may try it out - everyone else agree?!?!?

I noticed a difference with the restore. You only need a capfull per load. If they're really dirty I use Oxy clean.

LSUFAN
04-21-2012, 12:04 AM

haha, i know what you mean man. sent me a PM with your address and ill send you a couple oz to try out so you can run a few loads an see what you think.

davidc11291
04-21-2012, 12:05 AM
I've always done a presoak in warm water and Purple Power, then just wash with Tide. I use Purple Power on everything from wheels to engines to pad washing to bug and tar removal. Basically everything but interiors. I've never tried the washing detergents specifically for MF's.

Setec Astronomy
04-21-2012, 06:23 AM
I use Charlie's Soap liquid laundry detergent.