PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 speeds for ccs pads..

Gino Martin
04-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi mike!! I was wondering what speeds you would recommend for ccs pads on the Flex 3401 I am using Orange, white, and grey 6.5 and 5.5.. perhaps even speeds for Meg's 6.5 and 7 pads Thanks!! Gino Martin

Mike Phillips
04-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi mike!!

I was wondering what speeds you would recommend for ccs pads on the Flex 3401 I am using Orange, white, and grey 6.5 and 5.5..

perhaps even speeds for Meg's 6.5 and 7 pads

Thanks!!

Gino Martin

Hi Gino,

Thank you for taking this from PM's to the public forum...

With the Flex 3401 and doing any type of correction work, the tool is actually easiest to use and will do the most and fastest correction work on the high speed settings, so for any cutting or correction work use the 5-6 Speed setting.

You can spread your product out using the low speed settings just to get the product spread out over the area you're going to work and preventing slinging of product splatter but once you get the product spread out, use your thumb to move the dial up to the high settings.

For polishing work you can bump the speed down to the 4-5 speed setting or if you're using a polishing pad for correction work then use the 5-6 speed setting.

Any time you're doing final polishing or machine applying a finishing wax, then you want to be on the 3-4 setting.

Of course there's little personal preference to all of this but the above are good general ranges for using this tool.

Great question and we shot a brand new video on how to use the Flex 3401 and the Flex rotary buffers and it should be here in a few weeks.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1153/Flex3401Speed0.jpg

:)

Detail_Dude
04-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Albeit the 3401 is a dual-action, marring/damaging paint is possible in the hands of a novice due to the forced rotation, correct?

Honestly, I'll be happy with a simple yes/no :) thanks.

I am currently using a PC 7424, btw.

Newdetailer1
04-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Albeit the 3401 is a dual-action, marring/damaging paint is possible in the hands of a novice due to the forced rotation, correct?

Yes and yes, but tuff to do.

Mike Phillips
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM

Yes. In the same way the PC, Griot's and Meg's DA Polishers can cause DA Haze.

This is why it's important to do a Test Spot before buffing out the entire car no matter which tool you're using and dial in a process that works and makes you happy to one small area to prove your process.

Good question.

:xyxthumbs:

Detail_Dude
04-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes. In the same way the PC, Griot's and Meg's DA Polishers can cause DA Haze.

This is why it's important to do a Test Spot before buffing out the entire car no matter which tool you're using and dial in a process that works and makes you happy to one small area to prove your process.

Good question.

Thanks, Mike. I'm up to speed (no pun intended) on all three of those DA's and get your point. I had thought perhaps a bit more danger with the Flex 3401.

Appreciate the thumbs up.

All good.

Yes and yes, but tuff to do.

Thank you vm!

Gino Martin
04-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks again Mike!!! =)

Mike Phillips
04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks again Mike!!! =)

No problemo...

Yancy finished editing our brand new Flex Video yesterday, it should go out this week and be on the Autogeek.net store in about 2-3 weeks.

Danube
04-25-2012, 07:47 PM

I'd say marring/hazing comes from compound/pad combo rather then from 3401 being the forced rotation machine.

Marring is possible with any DA, not only the 3401.

barryscott
04-26-2012, 12:02 AM
No problemo...

Yancy finished editing our brand new Flex Video yesterday, it should go out this week and be on the Autogeek.net store in about 2-3 weeks.

Thanks Mike, been waiting on one for the flex.:xyxthumbs: Will be watching for it