PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Finishing glaze alone?

greg72982
04-20-2012, 12:32 AM
I bought the Wolfgang TSR and FG last year and did my car with the TSR with the intention of following up with FG, but never ended up using the FG because the process took way too long(my fault no doubt).

I have some swirls returning but they aren't anything major. My understanding from searching on here is that the FG does have some cut so would I be able to use just that alone? If not I guess I blew my money there because I don't see ever being able to use them in conjunction

I guess basically I'm looking for a one step using what I already have. I researched AIO's and developed interest in them but I'd rather find a use for what I have.

rider9195
04-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Finishing Glaze is a fine polish and contains no sealants, waxes, or protection. You could use it to remove light swirls and then finish off with wax of sealant.

brawl
04-20-2012, 06:15 AM
:iagree: do a test spot to find out if fg would suffice against the minor swirls that you are talking about.

JJH2329
04-20-2012, 07:46 AM
I have both the Finishing Glaze and Total Swirl Remover as well and use them both together. From my understanding, the Finishing Glaze is designed to bring your paint back to a high gloss after the Swirl Remover is applied. You would want to follow up the Finishing Glaze with a coat or wax or sealer. I think that if the Swirl Remover does a "Good" enough job for you, you can probably just follow it up with a coat of wax.

Good luck...

Setec Astronomy
04-20-2012, 07:52 AM
What you've got is a polish (TSR) and a finishing polish (FG). As said above, if you're happy with the finish the TSR gave you, you can go straight to wax/sealant after that.

Alternatively, you can simply use the FG, which will gloss things up but may not remove the deeper defects, and follow that with wax/sealant.

greg72982
04-20-2012, 11:25 AM
That's what I did last time, I put on the WGDGPS after because I was at about 12 hours and lost ambition.

I guess I just figured the TSR is a little more aggressive than what I need this time around. That plus I'm trying to find a use for my unopened bottle of FG lol.