PDA

View Full Version : Paper Floor Mats

Buggy Bath
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey all, any of you professional detailers use paper floor mats? I was thinking of buying some but want to make sure they are decent. We have some cheap ones at work but they are too flimsy and want to curl up instead of stay flat on the floor.

I was thinking of having my name and logo on them too if not too expensive.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Kristopher1129
04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
I can tell you, that it's fairly pricey to get your name and logo on paper mats. Not that it's expensive in itself...but every company I contacted about it, required a minimum order of something like 1000. Which is a LOT of paper mats if you don't work in high volume.

Honestly, you're better off putting your money into something like keychains, or anything a customer won't throw out for that matter.

ShineTimeDetail
04-19-2012, 07:56 PM
You and your key chains ;)

Buggy Bath
04-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I can tell you, that it's fairly pricey to get your name and logo on paper mats. Not that it's expensive in itself...but every company I contacted about it, required a minimum order of something like 1000. Which is a LOT of paper mats if you don't work in high volume.

Honestly, you're better off putting your money into something like keychains, or anything a customer won't throw out for that matter.

Hi, I want them to protect the carpet but still look professional and personal (with my company name). They would not be for advertising. I am the only game in town and stay busy. :)

Dr Oldz
04-19-2012, 08:41 PM
I never use those things. Last thing I want people to see is a crappy piece of paper after I just finely tuned their interior. I want them to see a clean interior. If you are worried about their carpets getting dirty, use an old but clean bath towel and then remove it. People have noticed and complimented on this more than they would have ever those annoying throw away paper mats.

Robert8194
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
I never use those things. Last thing I want people to see is a crappy piece of paper after I just finely tuned their interior. I want them to see a clean interior. If you are worried about their carpets getting dirty, use an old but clean bath towel and then remove it. People have noticed and complimented on this more than they would have ever those annoying throw away paper mats.

Well darn. I thought I invented the old bath towel trick. I agree. I thought about the paper mats but they do need to be removed so why not use something you can wash and reuse. I'm so nasty after I finish a car, I cover the seats and floor until I can get the care returned to the owner.

Buggy Bath
04-19-2012, 11:22 PM
I use the towel trick for me but when I send the vehicle off with a paper mat it adds a nice touch. It looks more professional. Especially if my customer picks up his/her vehicle with muddy shoes. They don't have to worry about mucking up their carpet. Just a personal preference for me.

Lasthope05
04-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Forget about the paper floor mats. IMO they give off a cheap production detailing image. Instead go for adhesive carpet protectors and trim to size. Looks much more professional. It can be bought locally at homedepot or lowes though I dont know about the logo part.

Kristopher1129
04-20-2012, 05:58 PM
You and your key chains ;)

Ha, I'm tellin ya man...they work like a charm. My customers actually give them out. I've got lots of customers who always take one, cause they gave their other one to somebody else who wanted my number.

Plus, when customers come in and just hand us a single key...I throw one on there. Next time they come back, it's still there...and may very well be the reason they remembered to call again.

Paper mats get tossed within 24 hours, never to be seen again. Not worth it in my opinion. But, actual floor mats...now that could be something, cause they don't get tossed. They'd get seen every day. Makes more sense than a temporary paper mat.