PDA

View Full Version : I've seen the Affects of a DA now I think I'm Feeling them--

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
04-19-2012, 02:14 PM
So for the bast 6 months or so I have been getting these nasty cramps in my right hand. I thought it was just bc it was cold out but they still come and go. Today I was finishing a 1 step on a Charger and when I was done my hand was cramping up pretty bad- still is. It is in the top of my hand but shoots though the entire hand. If I keep my hand still it doesnt hurt but certain positions just shoot pain through my hand. I think its from the vibration and the force I'm applying to the buffer...I'm sure it doesn't help I have a flex either haha

Anyone else get this problem? I'm only 27...I shouldn't be feeling this HA!

Flannigan
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I would find that hard to believe because I have been using various DA's on a regular basis for the past five years and never had any issues with hand cramps, or any other sort of pain. I also used various saws, sanders, and other power tools when I was doing construction and nver had any issues from them either.

ShineTimeDetail
04-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe I'm just a wuss lol. No I'm not saying that's it for sure I know the da makes it occur though.

kronos
04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Only because it doesn't happen to other people doesn't mean it can't happen to you. If possible, you should probably get it checked out by a doctor. Or you can look up and do hand stretching exercises yourself. Pain is not normal.

Railroad
04-19-2012, 03:15 PM
On the railroad we had gloves that were available to use with the various
power tools we had. They had padding in them and were for the vibration
and shaking that a persons hands would get. If I had used safety gear when it was first made available I'd have better hearing,eyesight and knees.

RaskyR1
04-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I think the vibration affects everyone differently, but if your having issues I'd have it checked out and change what you are doing (tool/protection).

Kaban
04-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Sorry to hear this. How about getting an XC3401? It vibrates less than the other DAs... or a rotary with a flexible backing plate for buttery smooth polishing?

If you want smooth, you want the rotary man. Just polish at lower speeds (1500 MAX), it will still correct a hell of alot better than a PC and won't heat up the paint much at all.

ShineTimeDetail
04-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I don't have insurance or I would've gone already. I just had to pay out of pocket to get a toof pulled yesterday...all though I rounded up business there lol.

SonOfOC
04-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I owned both generations of the PC, Megs, and Griot polishers. The vibration at top speed is ridiculous. The Griots at speed 6 vibrates so much, it feels like a constant weak electrical shock. Sometimes my hand gets a litte numb and sometimes it makes by head itch.

You can get antivibration gloves or use 3401 or rotary.
These days I use PE-14 and 3401 for 95% of corrections, but I still love my DA when it comes to spreading wax at speed 3.

ShineTimeDetail
04-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Isn't the 3401 the flex da? That's what I have.

SonOfOC
04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Isn't the 3401 the flex da? That's what I have.

Wow! I didn't see that you're using a 3401. Then your cramps are from something else and not vibration. The 3401 is too smooth to do that.

ShineTimeDetail
04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
I use to use a cyclo...flex as vibration...

2old2change
04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Everyone reacts differently from vibrations and repetitive motion. I would think there are numerous options for approaching this problem. Anti vibration gloves , a Meg's second gen da ( I have the Griots, a PC and the Meg's unit and the Meg's is IMO the smoothest by far) , or a medical procedure. It may even take a combination of these to address the problem. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

Vegas Transplant
04-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Eat more bananas. Potassium deficiency (sp?).

jetech
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Maybe someone is telling you that you need a Flex rotary as well? I have one and never use my PC anymore. The slow speed it runs at lets me get in and around tight areas and still have the power when I want it.

Tim