PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Spray Polish FTW!!!

Pages : [1] 2

rwright
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
This is why I love Optimum Hyper Spray Polish so much:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1355/medium/crv-1.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1355/medium/crv-2.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1355/medium/crv-3.jpg

No compounding was performed, only Optimum Hyper Spray Polish on a tangerine HT pad, speed 4 Griot's DA.

RaskyR1
04-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Works well on the MF polishing pads too. ;)

Rsurfer
04-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Very nice Richard..have you tried this combo on harder clears?

Flannigan
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Car looks great, however, seeing that it's a honda, their black is very very soft to begin with. I would love to see how it does on something with a more medium to hard clear.

No matter what though, great work!

Kaban
04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
what's the cut level of this polish? Is it closer to SIP or closer to 85rd or even 106fa?

mjlinane
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
what's the cut level of this polish? Is it closer to SIP or closer to 85rd or even 106fa?

Close to 203 Power Finish.

I've used it on soft black paint and got similar results. On harder BMW black metallic, I have had good success and not so much - depending on how hard the paint.

rwright
04-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Works well on the MF polishing pads too. ;)

You are correct, I just didn't have them with me at the time.

Very nice Richard..have you tried this combo on harder clears?

Back in November I used it as a follow up to D300 on a black SRT-4 Neon (hard paint) and was blown away by the finish and gloss it provided. This is the first time I've had a chance to use it on dark paint since then. I did use it on a 2007 Tahoe but it was silver and it did an outstanding job brightening the paint. Some water spots did remain but would have needed a pass with compound to be honest.

Car looks great, however, seeing that it's a honda, their black is very very soft to begin with. I would love to see how it does on something with a more medium to hard clear.

No matter what though, great work!

Yes, Honda paint is soft, that is why I wanted to share how well it cuts and finishes on soft paint. This was not a scheduled correction and the results were more than both the owner and myself expected. The best part of the whole job was when the owner said "I didn't remember the paint being metallic".

bmwgeek
04-19-2012, 03:14 PM
What's the viscosity like?

feds27
04-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Good timing. I'll be doing a 2004 Accord this week with the Hyper twins and was going to test them out with the Hydrotechs. I'll do a test spot with the polish 1st to see if I need to compound. Your results give me hope that I won't need the extra step of compounding.

TimmyG
04-19-2012, 04:37 PM
I've been wanting to pick this up. Might try the actual compounds and polishes first before venturing into the spray. I will say, I've LOVED every optimum product I've used.

pcw25
04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I've been wanting to try this for the Pilot. I'll eventually place an order.

rwright
04-19-2012, 06:03 PM
This is just an example of how starting with the least aggressive method can provide "good enough" results, especially when the customer wasn't expecting it. Compounding will be needed to remove RIDS.

BobbyG
04-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I really enjoy threads like this! It really illustrates how to restore a basically trashed finish to a near perfect defect free shine. :props:

Optimum really did it's homework with their Hyper Spray Polish and it exemplifies their commitment to innovation, functionality, and ease of use.... :dblthumb2:

Thank you Richard & Optimum!! :props:

Strokin04
04-19-2012, 06:32 PM
I am also impressed with Optimum's spray polish, just used it today on a black GMC Sierra and was impressed on how well it worked. This polish works great with Optimum's MF pads.

Kaban
04-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Close to 203 Power Finish.

I've used it on soft black paint and got similar results. On harder BMW black metallic, I have had good success and not so much - depending on how hard the paint.

Nice, thanks for responding. :dblthumb2: