PDA

View Full Version : First post...and 3 question, please.

ArmyAviator
03-17-2007, 08:37 AM
1st time here....GREAT site. Have ordered $170 worth of products while here last....but I suffer the same effects @ Home Depot. Just bought my wife a 2007 Tahoe LT3 and as with my other vehicles, I love maintaining them. Three questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a "duster" of sorts....preferably telescopic....that she can quickly remove the dust on her Tahoe between washings....even on the inside?

2. I bought the HUGE Cobra Waffle drying towel....that thing is amazing with regard to absorbtion. But, what are those "pockets" for? Just to put your hands in as you dry....??....do they somehow make it easier to wring the towel out? Be gentle in response, my wife laughs too....I fly multi-million $$ helicopters in the Army and this perplexes me? :)

3. Do any of you use a wringer with drying? Recommendation?

Best regards,

--Bryant

Reddwarf
03-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the site and the detailing addiction. I have a California duster, but it doesn't have a telescope handle. When is comes to an SUV that would be a good idea.

I think the Guzzler pockets are just for helping to hold it. A place to put your hands to help you from dropping it. I don't think a ringer is necessary.

bambo2888
03-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Yup, the pockets are simply to put your hands in to aid in holding the gigantic fabric.

As for the duster, I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but... they have the California Duster... The original California Car Duster- (http://www.autogeek.net/calcardus.html)

ScottB
03-17-2007, 10:55 AM
only 170.00 .... everyone knows you must spend at least 400.00 before asking questions here. Go order more, we will wait. Detailers Anonomous starts in 1/2 hour, as suns up and to hot to detail currently.

"I have been sober for six months, I have not sniffed my Souveran paste since last year "

Just joking, get a boars hair brush for washing as well as a ladder. I like the Oxo Duster (not telescoping) for occasion use.

wytstang
03-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Here's a tip to help drying the vehicle; before you dry the car remove the nozzle from the hose and just let the water flow under it's own power (no pinching the line just let it flow). This flow will help "sheet" water off and gravity will drag most of the little water droplets off the car. Leaving behind less then half the water droplets. Welcome

Jimmie
03-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Welcome Bryant.
I've never had to wring out a guzzler. We recently had a member do a review in which he said he dried two cars with the same guzzler (one an SUV).:iagree: they are amazing.

If you're still at Fort Rucker, Ala. you've still got to be feeling the aftermath of the tonadoes in Enterprise. I lived in Enterprise while stationed at Fort Rucker. Won't tell you the years but I'll give you a clue UH-1 Huey. Those machines that you guys have now are awesome.

ArmyAviator
03-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Thank you all for your considerate replies. I can see that this whole detailing thing is a life style...and just one more vice in my otherwise virtuous life. Uhhuh.

Jimmie...yes, I'm back @ MotherRucker. Enterprise was/is a mess. The scoreboard from the highschool was found in Ozark...no exaggeration, Jimmie....it was found in Ozark. My pastures and hayfields are N of Ozark on US 231.....you likely remember that area....had all manner of debris from Enterprise. Jimmie, you should know that FlatIron still flies the Huey...to be replaced by the LUH ....light utility helicopter....google it.

Killrwheels....I appreciate the "encouragement"....but just stand by....I'll be back$. :)

Best to you all,

--Bryant.