PDA

View Full Version : Who started detailing from a car?

Pages : [1] 2

JorgeSFL
04-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey guys I've recently decided to go beyond detailing relatives and friends cars. I currently have a 2dr coupe and don't really have the funds to purchase an enclosed trailer or a truck/van. I have seen this example which is very impressive; http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/41636-project-camry-my-mobile-detail-set-up.html

I'd like to see a few other car setups and what necessities I'd need to do about 2-3 cars daily, an open trailer is possible for me to purchase but I live in Miami and theft is a huge problem here.

I have found a way to mount a 15gallon pressurized garden spot sprayer tank with pump and nozzle and use in conjuction with my small karcher pw but I'm not sure if that is enough to do 2 cars with ONR? With the15gallon tank I still have plenty of room for my ridgid vacuumn cleaner, cobra 2000w/3000w inverter+truck battery and still have a 3ftx2ft open space in the center of the trunk. Backseat would still be empty so I can use tat space also for additional buckets, bottles etc. I know it won't look very professional which is a concern, but I have to work with what I got. Pictures and info would be greatly appreciated

Bates Detailing
04-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Or you can go the waterless route - saving all kinds of space.....

rustytruck
04-18-2012, 08:52 PM
If your doing onr washes just fill your buckets at home. when you finish with the first customers car just ask them if you can reload your buckets before moving on to the next house. customers won't mind because they will be staring at their car wondering how the heck you did that to their car without the hose. At each house you'll look professional showing up with what you need to start the job. trust me if you ask to fill the buckets after the car is done You won't look unprofessional at all because you already proven you are.

JorgeSFL
04-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Or you can go the waterless route - saving all kinds of space.....

I will sell ONR as much as possible but sometimes it just won't be possible.

If your doing onr washes just fill your buckets at home. when you finish with the first customers car just ask them if you can reload your buckets before moving on to the next house. customers won't mind because they will be staring at their car wondering how the heck you did that to their car without the hose. At each house you'll look professional showing up with what you need to start the job. trust me if you ask to fill the buckets after the car is done You won't look unprofessional at all because you already proved you are. Thanks man, my main concern is the condition of my car, the paint is shiny and corrected, but the car has dings and chips all over the place due to a-holes who let their doors fling wide open. Car is 1993 Sentra SE-R btw.

SON1C
04-18-2012, 09:01 PM
just use their water, attach your hose, no water source go waterless, don't get lost trying to install all that junk into your probably nice coupe

JorgeSFL
04-19-2012, 01:23 AM
My coupe is not in that great of a shape. Reason why I'd like to bring at least some water supply is due to water restrictions here in South Florida and nosy neighbors. Using my own water supply is last resort if I can't sell an ONR wash.

rolop6
04-19-2012, 01:47 AM
My coupe is not in that great of a shape. Reason why I'd like to bring at least some water supply is due to water restrictions here in South Florida and nosy neighbors. Using my own water supply is last resort if I can't sell an ONR wash.

ONR doesn't have to be a sale. Just do it, If someone asks, say it's a more eco friendly way to wash a car, plus due to the water restrictions it keeps you out of trouble. Just explain how it works and you'll be amazed how many people will be wowed by it. Another option is the nomad, which can be bought here at Autogeek, or go to Tractor supply and buy the 5 gallon battery powers portable water tank and pump. It's $99 but might help out to start. Or a good Ole fashion garden sprayer and ONR. I live here in Texas and am starting to go the ONR way exclusively. The heat is so bad that it will dry the water almost instantly and water spots are a no, no, so ONR helps prevent that. Hope that helps, heres a link to the sprayer.
CountyLine Spot Sprayer, 5 gal. - 1013081 | Tractor Supply Company (http://www.tractorsupply.com/countyline-reg-spot-sprayer-5-gal--1013081)

tuscarora dave
04-19-2012, 04:51 AM
It's a process of evolution. You'll likely find that half the stuff you're using won't fit the bill, or you'll develop different/better processes and change what you carry over time. Your personal appearance, manners, business sense and of course the results your work shows will be enough for the word of mouth to travel.

I started from the trunk of my Buick and now have a shop and a mobile rig too that are both still evolving.

shoeless89
04-19-2012, 06:37 AM
I detail out of my 2007 Toyota Corolla. I don't do this full time, anywhere from 1-3 cars a week on average. Maybe its different in Florida but I just tell the customers I need access to water and electricity. No one has had a problem with it so far. But I don't charge much extra for being mobile.

SON1C
04-19-2012, 07:15 AM
This ^

Shoe could you post some pictures of your setup?

swanicyouth
04-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Good luck. If there's a will there's a way. You can do it. Work with what you have. A Nomad with ONR looks good to start. Advertise as Eco friendly.

JorgeSFL
04-19-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm really appreciating the feedback and ideas guys, they are all very helpful. It'd be cool to see some car setups!

shoeless89
04-19-2012, 08:29 AM
This ^

Shoe could you post some pictures of your setup?

I just pack everything in there lol I don't use a generator, water tank, etc. so nothing super big. The biggest thing I bring in my Mytee Lite II. I've gotten pretty good at using all available space. Its like Tetris lol

SON1C
04-19-2012, 08:48 AM
You guys like the nomad?

And lol yeah shoe I can picture it like tetris

shoeless89
04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
You guys like the nomad?

And lol yeah shoe I can picture it like tetris

I've never used the Nomad, it looks cool but pretty unnecessary. I think an ONR wash is just as good.