PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys not very good on Youtube !!!

Pages : [1] 2

Webb
04-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Okay so I ordered some stuff from CG,I was looking at some youtube videos,to learn more about them.
So I came across this video:

How To Remove Swirls, Scratches & Polish Paint with the Porter Cable 7424XP - Chemical Guys - YouTube

On the video the guy was demonstrating the product said @04:45 to use the pad conditioner to avoid friction and to avoid creating more swirls on the paint,so he uses on the 1st pad,then he uses 2 more pads without the "pad conditioner"
So I went ahead and asked a question,why he used on the 1st pad and not on the subsequent ones,my question was waiting for approval,so when I logged in today the question wasn't there and the approval had vanished too.

For some reason I decided to take a screen shot of my question.Look at my question pending approval.But if you click on the link above the there's no question.I know it's gone because when I log in on my account if was still waiting approval would still be there and it isn't.Very weird not to answer a simple question.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5450/picture1vf.jpg
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/vfae9.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/picture1vf.jpg/

WRXINXS
04-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Might have forgotten while he was on camera.

Setec Astronomy
04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Those crazy Chemical Guys...

Bunky
04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
He says apply 5 to 7 lbs down pressure -- I guess that is in addition to the weight of the polisher.

Webb
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
He says apply 5 to 7 lbs down pressure -- I guess that is in addition to the weight of the polisher.

How can you measure that ?

john b
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
put your hands on a scale till it reads 5 to 7 lbs

Webb
04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
put your hands on a scale till it reads 5 to 7 lbs:xyxthumbs:

02CAMSS
04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Who cares ??!! They are cool as heck.

Matt
04-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Might have forgotten while he was on camera.

Could very well be the reason, but it's still no reason to not allow the comment to be posted then reply to it.

If he actually forgot it because he was on camera, then he could be helpful to everyone else watching the video by approving the comment then replying saying that it was a mistake, and that you should ensure you use it on every pad.

Would help with product sales too since you are using more pad conditioner....

I do think it's a little immature for somebody to basically delete criticism on their videos.

oldcracker
04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
lol CG is known for deleting and removing comments or anything they don't like from their websites and videos
not the first time hearing about them doing it
don't get me wrong I really like some of their products, lol just saying...

Jeff120
04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Bad review never show up on their site either, take a look, I never found one negative review or so so review of any of their products. While some are great, they have their fair share of turds as well.

SON1C
04-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Honestly, I hate their videos with the main little white guy, his mannerisms, constantly talking with hands, and voice are more than enough to make me not watch those videos, if I didn't have almost half their line up I wouldn't view them I'd much rather Mike's detailing videos (as a matter of fact I watched his one on detailing with pinnacle products today 52 minutes) and adams / junkmans videos, junkman seems like a cool/funny guy

also since this is sort of a rant thread, I can't stand the Adam's fanboy detailers, adams have huge markups on..all of their products.

as for their reviews, yeah even their 1 star reviews are positive lol! I respect honesty especially in today's world, and its annoying how CG names their products example the super awesome deluxe premium ultra best drying towel in the world ever, and then right below it is a different drying towel which is... some how.. also the number one! lol

MustangMikeFL
04-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I do love their products as well but obviously they have a different marketing strategy than most. I find it funny how at least 15 products of theirs have the word "extreme" in the name. Then again, I like the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously and typically price their products well so you can try them and make up your own mind.

KneeDragr
04-18-2012, 09:08 PM
He should have just lied and said he did earlier before the tape started rolling.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Doesn't matter. CG makes some damn good products!