PDA

View Full Version : The most over-rated products?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Railroad
05-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Adam's actually makes some very good products. Don't confuse expensive with being overrated. The Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is the best I've used, the Glass Cleaner works great, the Detail Spray is great, Americana Paste Wax is nice, and the Quick Sealant is so very easy to use. I have not tried a lot of Adam's products, but I wouldn't mind. I will say I wasn't overly impressed with their polishes, though.
I've been very satisfied with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo and I
will use it again.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Your going to laugh but I love megs all purpose. I tried so many and keep coming back to it. It works so well and extremely cheap which is a must have owning a business. Lol
I do like cg green clean and sonax u&c cleaner as well.
Nope, APC+ is a nice carpet cleaner as well. I LOVE how Adam's C&U does not foam AT ALL, and it cleans very well! I'm by no means and Adam's fanboy, I just think they make SOME very nice products, and some not so good, like many companies. :dblthumb2:

Flannigan
05-16-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't confuse the two. I use a lot of expensive products. It's not about price. I'm just not wowed by any of their stuff. A lot of it is on the same line as megs OTC stuff IMO. Americana is horrible btw. Nxt paste is just as good. I just think they are overrated for how bad they work.
What didn't you like about Americana? I've only used it twice, but found it fairly easy to use, and thought it gave a very nice look.

SON1C
05-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Yes the GT500 is mine and it makes 540 at the wheels, still wanna race? ;)
Lol of course but I'd lose. Nothing too major done under the hood, if I stay with this it'll get the kenne bell treatment otherwise I'll pickup an 04 termi and that will eventually be completely modded out

Aw come on
do be a bully :laughing:

I see he brought you for backup ;) lol

SON1C
05-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I've been very satisfied with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo and I
will use it again.

I thought this until I tried some better ones such as cg wash and gloss, even if you watch some of their videos you'll see how much he uses, I use a cap of cg for 5+ gallons and it foams better longer and seems of higher lubricity only thing Adams has on it is a nice smell, this cg wash seems odorless

OhTwoGT
05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
The adam's car wash is decent not great, I have been reaching for my pinnacle shampoo more than it lately, although I just ran out :/

Bunky
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
The adam's car wash is decent not great, I have been reaching for my pinnacle shampoo more than it lately, although I just ran out :/

Cleaning, suds, lubricity, scent...just curious?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I have been reaching for my pinnacle shampoo
Talk about overrated!!!!

EVIL R/T
05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
anything wolfgang

HotRodJoe
05-16-2012, 10:54 AM
anything wolfgang

Everything I've tried from Wolfgang has been very good, from the Twins to Fuzion. I guess I have to disagree on that one!

Blackthorn One
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
anything wolfgang
I think WGDGPS is the best looking sealant there is, and is super slick with 4-6 months durability. Fuzion goes on and off super easy, smells wonderful and looks phenomenal. Those two products are far from overrated.

Flannigan
05-16-2012, 11:51 AM
anything wolfgang
I agree!

Everything I've tried from Wolfgang has been very good, from the Twins to Fuzion. I guess I have to disagree on that one!
If you like the WG twins that means you like Menzerna, just FYI.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Chemical Guys Jet Seal... What a load of HYPE!

RZJZA80
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Here's something that's overrated...people's rating of a product as "the best there is" or "best protection", "Best shine", etc. Unless you've actually tried everything out there, just say "The best I have used". That's why I don't take anyone's word for anything until I try it myself.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Here's something that's overrated...people's rating of a product as "the best there is" or "best protection", "Best shine", etc. Unless you've actually tried everything out there, just say "The best I have used". That's why I don't take anyone's word for anything until I try it myself.
This is very true.

Some people say a product is horrible, while some say it's great. Best to try it for yourself.