PDA

View Full Version : protection for 'sueded microfiber' ?

Gurge
04-18-2012, 09:58 AM
a client just picked up a 2012 camaro ZL1.

chevy desribes the interior as having 'sueded microfiber' on the seats, steering wheel. it uses that term more than once

i'm not exactly sure how to go about protecting it. since i'm not real clear on what the material is.

Not sure if I would use something like 303 fabric guard? or something more cut out for protecting nubuck / suede?

any info appreciated. thanks...

SON1C
04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
maybe use a diluted form of microfiber wash? better to be safe than sorry imo lol

Gurge
04-18-2012, 03:42 PM
i'm trying to protect it. not clean it.

I'd rather do nothing at all then be sorry after

I gotta think someone knows more about this material. I just don't understand if its to be treated like a fabric or nubuck

HellDemon
04-18-2012, 05:19 PM
well doesn't 303 fabric guard work on nubuck anyways? It should work fine; I do it on my nubuck boots and suede shoes and they work beautifully and don't change the look or feel at all

Gurge
04-19-2012, 01:43 PM
well doesn't 303 fabric guard work on nubuck anyways? It should work fine; I do it on my nubuck boots and suede shoes and they work beautifully and don't change the look or feel at all

hmmm... maybe it does. I guess I've overlooked that the 303 fabric guard description does mention amongst other things that it protects "fine leathers"