PDA

View Full Version : Can you use a AIO, then top with a nuba?

SheldonH
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Just wondering, can I use an AIO, then top it with a Nuba wax for gloss and more protection?

Also, i have heard of detailers using this process
Aggresive swirl remover, less agressive polish, and then a cleaner wax or AIO for like a final polish/glaze. Then topping it with a Nuba wax or sealeant?

Thanks for the help

Capa1970
04-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I do it all the time---Duragloss 501 topped with Collinite 845.

rustytruck
04-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Why do an all in one then a wax on top?? Use either an AIO or if your going to go all the way around the car twice you might as well do it with a quality polish and then a quality wax.

arack
04-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Just wondering, can I use an AIO, then top it with a Nuba wax for gloss and more protection?

Also, i have heard of detailers using this process
Aggresive swirl remover, less agressive polish, and then a cleaner wax or AIO for like a final polish/glaze. Then topping it with a Nuba wax or sealeant?

Thanks for the help

You could do either process. It depends on the condition of your paint. Alot of people use sealants and then a wax. There are also some hybrid products out there.

I decided to save myself some money and go straight to OptiCoat. I am happy with the results.

mwoolfso
04-17-2012, 09:07 PM
I will typically do an AIO and then top with OCW as an LSP. It just works and lasts for a few months easily.

Bradshaw
04-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Klasse AIO topped with a wax was a formula used by many back in the early days of detailing forums.

SATracker
04-17-2012, 10:26 PM
From what I understand it depends on the AIO. Not all AIO products are the same, even though "All in One" is in the name or the description. I like Klasse AIO but from what I've read it offers little protection, especially in south Texas- but I like to product. I always top KAIO with either a sealant or wax.

SON1C
04-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Topping an aio with a Nuba seems redundant to me..

Like others have said I'd use a quality polish and then a quality wax in that case, unless maybe the aio was a sealant? Then I could understand a Nuba on top

wgilles
04-18-2012, 08:23 AM
I've been doing Klasse AIO topped with Collinite 845 recently. The results are very very nice

andrew b
04-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Klasse AIO (x2) followed by Klasse SG (x3) was, back in the day, one of the top choices for "layering".

Bottom line, yes, both methods work. Your first will probably have better looks and protection if the AIO is a sealant type, not a cleaner wax.

MCA
04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Some AIOs are have a really good chemical cleaning component that rivals standalone/dedicated pre-wax products...they just happen to also leave behind some protection on their own.

Klasse AIO, Zaino AIO, DG 501, ColorX are good examples of these.

andrew b
04-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Some AIOs are have a really good chemical cleaning component that rivals standalone/dedicated pre-wax products...they just happen to also leave behind some protection on their own.

Klasse AIO, Zaino AIO, DG 501, ColorX are good examples of these.

This is one reason my bottle of KAIO is not buried on the back of the shelf gathering dust. I've moved on to other LSPs, but still use the KAIO to spot clean (and do windows) :)

MCA
04-18-2012, 03:46 PM
This is one reason my bottle of KAIO is not buried on the back of the shelf gathering dust. I've moved on to other LSPs, but still use the KAIO to spot clean (and do windows) :)

Same here - I have not used any of the new coatings but i have yet to find an LSP that is negatively affected by the use of KAIO and the subsequent base protection it leaves

Mike Phillips
04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Read this...

Topping - Definition - How to Top also called Topping (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40089-topping-definition-how-top-also-called-topping.html)

:)