PDA

View Full Version : Polish

GTEUP
04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Mike,
I have a friend who is a detailer by trade and today I went down to his shop and he showed me the latest items he bought from you. In there was the Cquartz by CarPro and he swears by it. He said to use on a clean surface and then go over again with a polish like Klasse or another new product he just bought called Blackfire. Would you recommend this for my 2007 Mustang GT with the clearcoated over stripe. And would this be a good product to prevent my cover from scratching my car's paint?

Thanks,
Rob

BobbyG
04-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi Rob,

CarPro CQuartz and Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 are a couple of the new "permanent" coatings that provide a hard coating that protect your finish.

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

NOTE: The key to a sparking defect free finish is in the surface preparation. Even if it's just using a quality paint cleaner, the finish must be clean and free of oxidation and other airborne contaminates.

Wash
Clay
Polish
IPA
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

If you review the application instructions, including some of the videos actually showing applying Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, take your time and you'll be shocked at how gorgeous the finish looks....

Optimum Technicion Applied

Opti-Coat Application Methods - YouTube

Danube
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
The ultimate question is how long it last (not theoretically but in real life).

BTW, would paint thickness gauge be able to register the difference before and after application of the OC?