PDA

View Full Version : Diamondite bug remover question

B8TTYVILLE KID
04-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Since I'm getting ready to head into the first love bug session of the year I have a question. I love the Diamondite washless bug remover. Here is how I use it. I spray it on, let it soak for a few seconds then just wash it off as part of doing the entire car. MY QUESTION IS......do I need to wax the front of the car every time I use it. Even though it is waterless is it stripping off the wax ? Dont know if it makes a difference or not but I use a very good synthetic wax.

Nick McKees37
04-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Since I'm getting ready to head into the first love bug session of the year I have a question. I love the Diamondite washless bug remover. Here is how I use it. I spray it on, let it soak for a few seconds then just wash it off as part of doing the entire car. MY QUESTION IS......do I need to wax the front of the car every time I use it. Even though it is waterless is it stripping off the wax ? Dont know if it makes a difference or not but I use a very good synthetic wax.

Bugs are acidic, and that's what removes your wax or sealant if not removed right away. After using any bug and tar remover, it's a good idea to follow up with a quick detail spray or spray wax to boost your existing wax or sealant, making future bug removal effortless. :dblthumb2: