PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is Mike and I'm an ...........

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bigunns
03-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Autogeek!! I admit....that's the first step. Now I have to explain to my wife why I just spent over $400.00 on AG products when my car already looks showroom new. Any suggestions?? Here's my first order.....feel free to comment for my next batch:
$189.99 Porter Cable 7424 w/CCS pads
$ 14.99 Pinnacle XMT #1
$ 14.99 Pinnacle XMT #3
$ 29.99 DP Max Wax
$ 29.99 Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant
$ 49.99 Diamondite Headlight cleaner
$ 4.99 Adapter
$ 9.99 NST7 Wash w/Mitt
$ 25.00 Pinnacle Crystal Mist
$ 29.99 Microfiber Bonnets

Nuke33
03-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Yo might want to get a guzzler, and maybe some extra pads just to have them on hand I like having 2 of each.

Stittville Ed
03-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Always bring in the bags when your wife comes home from shopping, State Law.

One bag will always have hair care products in it, look at the price of each bottle and make a mental note.
Keep a running tab of what hair care products cost for one month

I rest my case

Nica
03-16-2007, 08:35 PM
lol....Nuke33 your funny...we are supposed to help him explain the expense to his wife not add any more lol hahahahaha

Bigunns, sorry buddy but I'm still in denial and I'm still high on AG stuff....the effects haven’t worn off just yet lol..

Bigunns
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
And to think I thought you could help me?? I did promise her that her car would be showroom new when I was done with it....that helped a little.

Whitethunder46
03-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Pick up a Guzzler and a rinseless wash, such as DP's 4:1. Some detailing tools and brushes, Cobra MF's, clay bar, PB's S&W, Megs APC, a nice body solvent such as PB's bug tar remover, Optimum protectant for the interior, and o yes! DP's vision glass cleaner.

Bigunns
03-16-2007, 09:13 PM
I have a Guzzler already, it's a 1998 Infiniti Q45!! Thanks for the advice, I have some of the things you have listed, I'll add the rest to my list. I'll have to let let the wife cool off a bit. Next time I'll order in smalled increments.

Pick up a Guzzler and a rinseless wash, such as DP's 4:1. Some detailing tools and brushes, Cobra MF's, clay bar, PB's S&W, Megs APC, a nice body solvent such as PB's bug tar remover, Optimum protectant for the interior, and o yes! DP's vision glass cleaner.

Rsurfer
03-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi Mike,
Is the adapter for the edge pads? Don't need it with the ccs pads.

Bigunns
03-16-2007, 09:32 PM
No, it's actually a PC adapter for the Diamondite Headlight Kit.

Hi Mike,
Is the adapter for the edge pads? Don't need it with the ccs pads.

paradog
03-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi Mike and welcome to AG Anonymous.

I would not bother with the MF bonnets...instead buy some deluxe MF towels for buffing... I have 3-4 bonnets and most I have never used. I use the PC to apply and remove by hand. I found that the hand removal provides a slightly better result...but I'm still learning

Bigunns
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
It was my understanding that you take off the wax with MF Towels and then buff it real good with a PC for a real deep shine....no?? If not I can still cancel my bonnets.

Hi Mike and welcome to AG Anonymous.

I would not bother with the MF bonnets...instead buy some deluxe MF towels for buffing... I have 3-4 bonnets and most I have never used. I use the PC to apply and remove by hand. I found that the hand removal provides a slightly better result...but I'm still learning

paradog
03-16-2007, 09:48 PM
here I'll save you some $$$....cancel your order for the bonnets...I'll send you 2 new MF bonnets that I have. If you like them, keep them...if not, keep them! LOL PM me your address

Bigunns
03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks.....you da man!!

here I'll save you some $$$....cancel your order for the bonnets...I'll send you 2 new MF bonnets that I have. If you like them, keep them...if not, keep them! LOL PM me your address

Bigunns
03-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Here's my link to my 1st ever detail job!! mikesworld (http://mikesworldis.blogspot.com/)
It took me 6 hours by hand!! I used the Megs 4 step process. 1. Clay 2. Paint Cleaner. 3. Polish 4. Megs NXT paste. Not bad...huh?? Hard to believe I can do better with a PC and AG products but I dove in head first.

FloridaNative
03-16-2007, 10:53 PM
It looks great. :applause: I agree about the guzzlers and some more mf's. I really love the super plushies for quick detailing and the indigos for polish/wax/sealant removal.

Hart'sDetail, has a good list there, but I would go with the Pinnacle interior protectant over the Optimum, it just leaves a nicer finish IMHO. :)

Welcome to the addiction, you are definitely in good company here. As for the wife, tell her you need to get some good products and practice in so that you can do some side jobs for extra money to take her out to a nice restaurant with. ;)