PDA

View Full Version : 3M Adhesive remover on plastic textured trim

Meticulous-Detail
04-17-2012, 09:56 AM
I accidentally got 3M Adhesive remover on plastic textured trim (wind) and it turned the trim white when I tried to get it off. Should I try APC and then a dressing? or am I screwed. I tried several dressings and it worked but in a few days the white streak mark came back. Not sure if the APC and a brush would make it worse.

Thanx

embolism
04-17-2012, 11:32 AM
hmm, the solvents in the remover may have "bleached" the trim.

Not sure if Solution Finish would help you. It's supposed to return the oils to the plastic that get leached out over time and with exposure to UV etc...

PM Corey (cee dog) and see if he has come across that kind of damage caused by 3M adhesive remover. He has been experimenting with SF of late.

Meticulous-Detail
04-18-2012, 04:01 AM
hmm, the solvents in the remover may have "bleached" the trim.

Not sure if Solution Finish would help you. It's supposed to return the oils to the plastic that get leached out over time and with exposure to UV etc...

PM Corey (cee dog) and see if he has come across that kind of damage caused by 3M adhesive remover. He has been experimenting with SF of late.

Thanx for the info, I don't have SF and probably won't get it just to fix this issue on this vehicle, but wonder what other products or process/procedure might work.

A-train
04-18-2012, 05:34 AM
If you can't get it off and decide to Try and cover it, you will most likely need a dye. You should look at Showroom New. It's a long lasting and good looking dye and very easy to work with. It's 12.95 a bottle with flat rate shipping. There's several vids on YouTube. I understand not wanting to come out of pocket for such a small place at that Solution Finish price.