PDA

View Full Version : Well this takes the fun out of everything, doesn't it?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bamaboy007
04-17-2012, 09:12 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khYHWhku-0E&feature=player_embedded]BMW Individual Frozen Paint Guidelines - YouTube[/video]

Bamaboy007
04-17-2012, 10:18 AM
I bet Autogeek hopes this type paint doesn't catch on too much, haha

embolism
04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I kinda like it but it's got to be on the right kind of car...

looks good on the bmw

a camry, not so much...

RhetoricMixes
04-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Why would they not recommend to use a "synthetic" type of towel on the paint. Do they expect terry cloth to be softer than microfiber? Isn't this just a glorified matte paint job?

LuxuryMobile
04-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Looks pretty cool to me.

I guess the care for it isnt great for detail enthusiasts.

andrew b
04-17-2012, 10:44 AM
All I know is that they look amazing in person - photos don't capture the look well at all.

I seem to remember one company did/does make a wax specifically for the BMW frozen paints, though....

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-17-2012, 10:46 AM
All I know is that they look amazing in person - photos don't capture the look well at all.

I seem to remember one company did/does make a wax specifically for the BMW frozen paints, though....

Yes there is a company that makes wax for this finish.

A member of my club has a Frozen silver Metallic M3. 1 of 30 made.

Bamaboy007
04-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Frozen paints are my all time favorite paints for sure. the look is simply fantastic.

Sick03stang
04-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Isn't this just a glorified matte paint job?

Lol looks like it they just changed it to a cooler name (frozen paint). The satin/matte paint jobs have become very popular over the years and i guess bmw wants to cash in on it.

Becciasm
04-17-2012, 11:28 AM
it appeared at the end of the vid, that the hood shed the water much like the latest and greatest sealants out there.

Video editing? anyone? or has the paint really been 'engineered' to shed water like that?

discuss.

Flannigan
04-17-2012, 11:29 AM
My shop car is wrapped flat black, and while you don't need to buff it, you still need to care for it, almost more than a normal paint job since you will never be able to buff anything out of it. A birdbomb will still leave marks if not dealt with, and you can't do anything about it after the fact. Same with acid rain etching. I think if anything this type of paint is more work.

silverfox
04-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Rut Ro :nomore:

ForceField
04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
it appeared at the end of the vid, that the hood shed the water much like the latest and greatest sealants out there.

Video editing? anyone? or has the paint really been 'engineered' to shed water like that?

discuss.

It's brand new, so the surface is perfectly flat. Wait till it get's old and marred. You're SCREWED. What are you going to do to re-flatten the surface? You can't buff it or polish it.

How are you going to bring it back to it's original form after it gets old and marred? You'll have to repaint it. That's how. And that's going to COST you. A lot!

That's what BMW wants. They love bilking their customers out of every penny they can. Like how the BMW HPFPs (high pressure fuel pumps) failed all the time. Turns out they outsourced it to some inferior company. Nice. Pay luxury prices for cheap outsourced parts and have to have the car in the shop all the time. If I were a beemer customer I'd be fuming. Glad I'm not.

RTexasF
04-17-2012, 01:05 PM
If I were a beemer customer I'd be fuming. Glad I'm not.

If you were you would be on a motorcycle. Bimmer is car, Beamer or Beemer is motorcycle.

I'd like to see this paint in person. It just looks like any other matte paint on the screen.

timaishu
04-17-2012, 01:38 PM
I think it looks pretty cool even though it was appears to just be a factory matte paint job. I honestly doubt there is anything special about it, just marketing.

Unfortunetly, I cannot see any average owner knowing how to take care of it properly.