PDA

View Full Version : New Sonata 2.0T - CQuartz

Canuck2.0T
04-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Hey all,

So I decided on applying CQuartz on my new Sonata Turbo. I'm still relatively new to detailing so any input is appreciated!

Here are some of the products I recently ordered, based on reviews:

Product Name: Carpro Cquartz Paint Protection (30ml)
Product Name: CarPro Reload Spray w/sprayer (400ml)
Product Name: Poorboy's All Purpose Cleaner (32oz)
Product Name: CarPro IronX w/Sprayer(16.9oz)
Product Name: CarPro PERL Coat (16.9oz)
Product Name: Lexol Premium 3-in-1 Leather Care (16oz)
Product Name: Poorboy's Bug Squash (16oz)
Product Name: Wolf's Chemicals WS-1N Car Shampoo (1000ml)

The package should be arriving next this weekend, so Saturday's going to be the day.

I picked up the car last Monday. Here's what I've done to protect it in the mean time:

Wash > Clay > Mother's pre-wax cleaner > Meguiar's gold class wax.

This is my plan of attack for the weekend:

Wash with APC > IronX / Bug Squash(if required) > Wash with APC > clay (if required, then wash with APC) > CQuartz (2 applications) > Wash (Wolf's shampoo) and Reload the following week.

Thoughts?

KneeDragr
04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
You should really machine polish it before applying a coating, especially since you are claying which often mares paint.

Canuck2.0T
04-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the advice KneeDragr. When I initially clayed the vehicle, there was almost zero contaminants being picked up by the clay. I didn't notice any marring, and hand polished using mother's step 1.

I really don't think I'll be claying again, but if I did, I'll make sure to polish again before the final clean and application.

It should look like this then:

Wash with APC > IronX / Bug Squash(if required) > Wash with APC > clay (if required, then polish, APC wash) > CQuartz (2 applications) > Wash (Wolf's shampoo) and Reload the following week.