PDA

View Full Version : FULL BLOWN WIZARD TILT!! 8 hr gig with Griots

Geeked-out
04-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Whats up guys.. Ok, just got done with an 8 hr detail gig..

Here's what I did. ( I'm using the griots 5 backing plate and 5.5 LC pads..( Aside from the MF pads for the Meguiars correction Compound)

*wash,
*clay,
*Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction Compound Polish (d300)

*Blackfire Finishing Polish..

Here's my question I'M BLOWN OUT!! and ran out of daylight.

I still have to do Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection

I'm gonna do it tomorrow. The question is, DO i need to take any prep steps before I do it.. or can i just wipe down with a MF towel and then break out my Griots and go to it?

keep in mind I dont have a garage its just sitting in the driveway.. no rain though, should be sunny again tomorrow. Out here in Cali.

Should I prep it with Meguiars quik detailer, or can I just start the Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection?

Appreciate the input.. thanks again!!!

duck_commander
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
is your vehicle going to sit outside all night or in a garage?

Geeked-out
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
is your vehicle going to sit outside all night or in a garage?

outside, in driveway

duck_commander
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
i'm no professional, but if your town is anywhere near where i live, my black truck looks yellow'ish green in the AM from all the pollen... If it were me and my vehicle, i'd give it a quick wash. But that's just me being worried about inducing swirls into the paint with a QD if the paint has a lot of pollen on it.

Geeked-out
04-16-2012, 08:45 PM
i'm no professional, but if your town is anywhere near where i live, my black truck looks yellow'ish green in the AM from all the pollen... If it were me and my vehicle, i'd give it a quick wash. But that's just me being worried about inducing swirls into the paint with a QD if the paint has a lot of pollen on it.

damn, what if i just rinse it with water, and then wipe down? reason I say that, is.. If i wash wont it strip everything I already did today?

mg6045
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
a rinseless wash is PERFECT for a scenario like this. Just use a couple MF towels and your good. The car is not going to accumulate road film, so you should be 99.9% safe.

mg6045
04-16-2012, 10:17 PM
damn, what if i just rinse it with water, and then wipe down? reason I say that, is.. If i wash wont it strip everything I already did today?

strip what ? the car is already stripped from polishing ...

Polish's do not leave any protection or artificial gloss on the car besides oily polish residue which you want to remove before applying a sealant or wax anyway.

Geeked-out
04-16-2012, 11:00 PM

Polish's do not leave any protection or artificial gloss on the car besides oily polish residue which you want to remove before applying a sealant or wax anyway.

ok cool, ill give it a quick wash then do the griots.. with Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection.

Do I need any wax over sealant? Or is that it?

Time to pop these pain pills my back is shot.. lol.

DaytonaJae
04-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Time to pop these pain pills my back is shot.. lol.

I always keep a giant bottle of ALEVE in my detail bag for this purpose. Detailing puts your backing really stressful positions all day long.

For blackfire sealant I recommend 2 coats, no need to top it with wax from my experience. The sealant will feel ok the first day, then get super slick overnight as it cures even more.

Ron Atchison
04-17-2012, 06:52 AM
a rinseless wash is PERFECT for a scenario like this. Just use a couple MF towels and your good. The car is not going to accumulate road film, so you should be 99.9% safe.

:iagree:

Geeked-out
04-17-2012, 11:13 AM
thanks for the help fellas. day 2 , here we go! Might have to rock this badboy out in a wheel chair though.. my body is shot. lol.

Geeked-out
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks again fo the help guys.. Here' some pics. Im pretty happy with the outcome.

gave my silver caddy a blue pearl look.. pretty crazy.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/caddy_11.jpg http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/caddy_21.jpg

:dblthumb2:

Spiney
04-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Geeked Out, take it from someone with 4 back surgeries. Next time get yourself a back belt like they wear at Home Depot and wear it as tight as you can stand. Your back will hurt much less afterwards. Also a frozen blue gell ice pack that you can buy at your local pharmacy, wrapped it a light towel will help with the pain and inflamation . Deal with it daily. If your hurting for several days get a massage. Spiney

Geeked-out
04-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Geeked Out, take it from someone with 4 back surgeries. Next time get yourself a back belt like they wear at Home Depot and wear it as tight as you can stand. Your back will hurt much less afterwards. Also a frozen blue gell ice pack that you can buy at your local pharmacy, wrapped it a light towel will help with the pain and inflamation . Deal with it daily. If your hurting for several days get a massage. Spiney

thanks for the tip!.. Ill try the belt next time.