PDA

View Full Version : Foam Lance Soap Help

Gachrid
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Just bought a pressure washer and foam lance attachment and was hoping to use some soap this week that I don't need to order. Local autobody supply sells Hyper Wash but I'm nervous about the strength as a weekly wash. I normally use Gold Class but read it doesn't foam well. Is hyper wash worth it? Is the a decent OTC wash for foam? Or should I just wait and order some DP Xtreme Foam?

Tundra_10
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
I have tried several different types of soap in my foam cannon and have not found one that does not foam well. I have not tried any of my cheapy stuff but I bet it will do just fine. I would not be too concerned in buying a special foam for your setup.

As you pointed out your biggest concern will be the dilution to make sure its not too strong. I think messing around and taking some pictures of my truck all foamed up a couple weeks ago stripped all my sealant off because I purposely made my concentration strong to get the most foam for some good pictures (whoops) so my next couple days off I am going to be reapplying more sealant. lol oh well, it was due anyhow.

Gachrid
04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the info. Have you used CG's Honeydew Snow Foam? Intrigued me and seems to be a good soap for the lance. Plus it's cheaper than DP Xtreme Foam...

Matt
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM
I've found Hyper Wash to foam up just fine. I'm not sure how hard it is on the wax though. Didn't **SEEM** to effect the wax however I did use 2oz of hyper wash in the 32oz canister which would be a rather strong dilution.

umi000
04-16-2012, 11:25 PM
In the UK, they actually use Hyper Wash a lot as a snow foam.

bigez
04-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the info. Have you used CG's Honeydew Snow Foam? Intrigued me and seems to be a good soap for the lance. Plus it's cheaper than DP Xtreme Foam...

I've seen a few people say that CG's Maxi-Suds produces more foam then the Snow Foam. I haven't tried Snow Foam, but I used some Maxi-Suds the other day in my foammaster and was pleased.

slickooz
04-17-2012, 08:27 AM
I use Hyper Wash with my foam canon. I add about 2 oz and about 8oz of water. I get a nice thick layer of foam on my car. Doesn't really seem to strip the wax, unless I add OPC to it.