PDA

View Full Version : My BMW post polish/buff/wax

SpartanGA
04-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Wanted to share. Not the best pictures given the lighting.

I did this process:

Wash with Dawn
Clay
Polish with SIP and PC RO
Buff with Zaino ZPC and PC RO
Wax with Zaino Z2-Pro
Wipe with Zaino Z6

Pictures:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff270/smithsonga/topup.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff270/smithsonga/topdown.jpg

Klasse Act
04-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Can't argue with the products or the results, good job. BMW just has the nicest factory wheels, especially those, really set off the car well!

LuxuryMobile
04-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Looks great, love the contrast between the exterior and interior colors.

Also cant beat a hard top convertible, best of both worlds.

Mike Phillips
04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Looks clean, looks detailed!

:xyxthumbs:

SpartanGA
04-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Looks great, love the contrast between the exterior and interior colors.

Also cant beat a hard top convertible, best of both worlds.

Thanks. It is a rare color combo and I had to see it in person before I was sold. Now I just love it. Cannot imagine a grey interior and black would be too hot. This combo is also great because the carpet and headliner are black.

After doing this same process with a dark blue and white BMW, this silver showed the least improvement/difference. The metallic silver really hides a lot of imperfections. It only has 4k miles and the clay was amazingly clean. Biggest areas are to be expected behind the tires...but oddly the bumper right at the trunk...it looked fine, but the clay picked up a ton of black and had to keep going over it with clean. One wheel was especially bad also (I clayed the wheels...).

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice looking 335is you have there.

Ray@Autogeek
04-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Nice job, lookin good lookin good!

I am very jealous of that nice shade that tree gives your driveway. Must make detailing your vehicle in the early evening very convenient.

SpartanGA
04-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice job, lookin good lookin good!

I am very jealous of that nice shade that tree gives your driveway. Must make detailing your vehicle in the early evening very convenient.

LOL. It was nice for final wipe down...but it was burning hot all afternoon, so I did this job in the garage (open door of course)