PDA

View Full Version : New business, hobby turning into career

Frenchie
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey guys,

I introduced myself a while back and have been really busy since then. In my intro I mentioned I was new to detailing. What I meant to say was I am new to doing it for profit. I have always done it out of hobby as it has gone along with my passions. Anyways Here's my facebook link to the business and a couple of recent cars....Hopefully I will get some good feedback. Still working on a set pricing but I feel like I am getting there. ANY constructive criticism is very welcomed and appreciated! FWIW I am posting the link because pictures are already uploaded there and it would take forever to upload to Photobucket and yadda yadda......sooo.....let me hear it!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/supremeshinememphis

Frenchie
04-16-2012, 01:06 AM
not the feedback I was hoping for..lol

Tundra_10
04-16-2012, 01:15 AM
You might want to give people some time to look since you initially posted stuff on a Sunday around midnight lol.

I just so happen to have woken up in the middle of the night so I figured I would hop on here to see if I could read some stuff to make me sleepy again.

Take my advise very loosely but in my eyes if you are taking pictures of a vehicle for a detailing company to show off work, I would invest in a good point and shoot camera if you cannot afford a nice digital SLR. It looks like the majority of your pictures (if not all) were used with a cell phone camera and it just does not show the clarity of the paint or the work that you put into, some of the pictures are actually blurry and almost hurt your eyes to look at. The pictures of the black truck look the best, not sure if a real camera was used for that or not?

Also, a lot of people still do not use facebook. Heck I just got it a month or so ago and there are a lot of people on here that could care less about it so they will not be able to view your company page. If the pictures are on your computer its super easy to upload your photos on this site so people can view. I would do that and so that way you might even be able to link people to this site here if they do not have facebook and can still view your photos of your previous work if you do not have the capital to be able to invest in web hosting for your own website domain.

Frenchie
04-16-2012, 09:25 AM
thanks! Yea all of the pictures were taken with my Iphone. Including the black truck. I think the lighting was better or something. I do have my own domain I just have not finished developing the web site. As far as facebook goes I just posted that as everything was all in one place. You also do not need an account to view that page. I agree though, I need to invest in a better camera.

Frenchie
04-16-2012, 09:25 AM
while your at it....what do you think of the logo? First time ever designing something like that....I wanted it to be as simple as possible..

twisted1
04-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Congrats on staying busy...especially in a detailer heavy market such as Memphis.
If it works for you then ...GREAT site hand.
Nothing impressive run of the mill logo in my opinion. The best logo that I've seen lately belongs to rustytruck. However, it is only an opinion.
Good luck and best wishes on your detailing endeavor.

Tundra_10
04-16-2012, 08:44 PM
while your at it....what do you think of the logo? First time ever designing something like that....I wanted it to be as simple as possible..

I think the logo is sharp. I think its nice to incorporate a car in it since that is your business. Even if someone does not read your name they will remember the logo.

Association is very key with a successful business, whether its your name, your logo, or a catchy corny slogan or saying. Something that reminds the customer of you is what you should be after.

rustytruck
04-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Congrats on staying busy...especially in a detailer heavy market such as Memphis.
If it works for you then ...GREAT site hand.
Nothing impressive run of the mill logo in my opinion. The best logo that I've seen lately belongs to rustytruck. However, it is only an opinion.
Good luck and best wishes on your detailing endeavor.
Hey thanks for the compliment.

twisted1
04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
:dblthumb2:

Gurge
04-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Also, a lot of people still do not use facebook.

guilty

therefore cannot see the OP webpage

so yeah, us old timers are out there

rustytruck
04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Your website that you mention on your Facebook page is not there. If you lost your web domain you should remove the link from your Facebook page. try to get more likes on your Facebook by sharing it on your own personal Facebook page if you have one. Those cars you did ask the owners to post them on there Facebook and have them add a link to your page so they too can like the page. You need to get to 30 likes before the page gets its own address and shows up on a Google search. Ill go now and like your page and you could do the same by liking mine. If everyone that reads this likes your page(and mine too) you should get to 30 today. guys that don't use Facebook for your business WHY? its free.

Frenchie
04-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks rusty! That's good advice. I actually haven't list the domain I just haven't taken my site live yet. Bug yea I should remove the link. Thanks for the advice guys! Keep it coming!