PDA

View Full Version : How do you rinse your APC after cleaning a plastic dash?

davidc11291
04-15-2012, 10:47 PM
My usual method is to use a microfiber wet with APC solution to wipe down a section of the dash, then use another microfiber that's wet with water to rinse the section of the dash before it dries. Instead of doing it section by section, can I clean all the plastic in the car with my APC, then go back and do a wipe down with water? If I do it this way, the APC solution will have dried on the plastic before I come back around and rinse it off.

ForceField
04-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Steamer?

davidc11291
04-16-2012, 12:09 AM
I don't have one

IOMCAMARO
04-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I do a three step process on mine, but I do it in the shade. Idk if doing it in the sun would have any side effects, but I spray a MF applicator pad with APC, rub it over the panels making sure to use enough pressure to clean. I do this over one entire panel at a time, i.e. the dash or a door panel. I then take a spray bottle of water, spray it onto a MF towel and scrub the panels again making sure to leave a little excess water on the surface. Finally I take a dry towel and go over the panels one last time. The dry towel always seems to absorb whatever was lifted back up by the water. Probably a little excess, but it always gets the job done.