PDA

View Full Version : Best Wheel Cleaner for mobile detailer without hose

sushi
04-15-2012, 08:44 PM
I cleaned a BMW 128 today and its front wheels were covered in brake dust that looked like coal. It took forever to clean.

What do the mobile guys use to clean wheels when the only water you have is in buckets?

Do you dump the water from the buckets to rinse the wheels at the very end of the job?

RhetoricMixes
04-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I was in the same situation as you for a while until I found a solution. Go to a home department store and get a 3-5 gallon pump sprayer filled with distilled water (I mix mine with a bit of ONR). Clean the wheels as you normally would and then spray them down with the sprayer. Always works for me and Ive never had any problems with it. To be back on topic though I use Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Gel.

LSUFAN
04-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Well im mobile but i have a gas pressure washer an a 100 gal tank. But have done my share of waterless an rinse less washes an with wheels an tires Ive found that a lot of towels are needed i normally use microfiber on rims an terry towels on tires. how are u washing? i take it as rinse less.

sushi
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Great suggestion with the pump sprayer.

I am using ONR. I have that long mothers wheel well brush but it didn't do much on the baked on brake dust on the front wheels. On the rear wheels did better. I read not to use Simple Green on the wheels, so I just scrubbed with a MF and ONR. Had to use use two buckets of ONR to clean little body of the 128xi convertible! The client didn't mention how dirty the car was over the phone. MF's are in the washing machine.

LSUFAN
04-15-2012, 09:56 PM
With baked on brake dust your going to need something a lil more than a MF an ONR. I use Megs D140 wheel brightener, an at the right dilution will eat threw brake dust. Do Not Use "Simple Green" have heard to many horror storys about simple green .

szjalo
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
another vote for the pump sprayer. Before I started to use that, I used some gallon sized container or sunnyD container, washed then very well and fill with water. I used Meg's APC+ which is no foam and easy rinsed off. so my procedure:

Meg's APC+-->scrub-->then wash with ONR(you will have to use ONR to wash the car anyway)--> then a light rinse with the water in milk container.

This way you will only need 1 gallon of water for small cars and 2-3 gallon for large ones.