PDA

View Full Version : Tired of dropping mf towels!

warwick002000
04-15-2012, 07:37 PM
As the title says, I got tired of dropping my mf towels as well as dragging them across the ground as I was detailing wheels, so I decided to make a velcro wristband to help me keep my mf in my hand and clean. You only need a couple of items which can be found at any arts and craft store such as Michael's.

To make one yourself, you will need a strip of velcro long enough to reach around your wrist with a little leftover for the fastener. 11466

Note: use the "hook" side of the velcro...not the fluffy side.

Next, you need a way to fasten the velcro into a wristband. I used a 7/16" snap fastener although you could easily use some of the leftover velcro.11467

It's a little tricky to get the fastener on but take your time and use a hammer or mallet to tap the fastener device to really secure the fastener.

Here's a photo of the finished project11468 And one with it fastened 11469

And finally, a photo of the wristband and a mf towel11470

A cheap, simple, and effective solution to dropping/dragging your mf towels.

Tundra_10
04-15-2012, 07:50 PM
... this so needs to be in the thread "you know your an autogeek if..." LOL! This is a really ingenious idea and a great first post! Welcome! You should market this and say that its tailored toward detailing... you will make millions!

DaHen
04-15-2012, 08:25 PM
First of all, welcome to Autogeek forum.

And thanks for a great idea. :xyxthumbs:

Steamworks
04-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Great ! Idea!! I was having the same problem.
I will try this out ASAP

Buggy Bath
04-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Good thinking. Another thing you could do is punch a hole in the towel and have a string tied to belt loop. that way you do not have to remove wristband. You can just tuck towel in pants pocket.

Or maybe a retractable string that clips on to belt.

langman37
04-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Good one!

oldmodman
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Great idea!

But nothing tells you to stop dropping your towels like getting smacked in the face with a wet one.

So I made a headband with a rubber band attached to it. If I drop a towel. WACK, right in the kisser!

It's a terrible reminder if you are using IronX

h83d
04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
nice idea TS.

Great idea!

But nothing tells you to stop dropping your towels like getting smacked in the face with a wet one.

So I made a headband with a rubber band attached to it. If I drop a towel. WACK, right in the kisser!

It's a terrible reminder if you are using IronX
this is much better lol:dblthumb2:

unrealford
04-16-2012, 04:19 AM
After I drop them, theres always something stuck to them.:mad::mad:

Do you guys hand wash yours or machine?

BobbyG
04-16-2012, 04:58 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online!

That's a great way to introduce yourself and necessity is the mother of invention! :props:

Problem Solved! :dblthumb2:

DaHen
04-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Do you guys hand wash yours or machine?

Both. I'll soak them in a bucket of water with some All Purpose Cleaner for a day or so, depending how well they were used. Then throw them in the washing machine.

vet
04-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Welcome to AG Online! Nice tip, I'll have to try it.

opie_7afe
04-16-2012, 10:23 AM
great idea, i hate dropping my towels, but whats worse then dropping them is when your drying a car and you have those long brown caterpillar looking things from trees falling on the car, and those things dont like to come out of towels, it took me an hour to remove all of them from like 10 mf towels last time i washed them. i used a soft plastic bristle cat brush to get large debris out of towels if needed.

Old Tiger
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Very clever. I have some old velcro watch bands that I may need to glue some velcro hook loop side velcro. Im surprised Gary Dean didnt think of this first.

BlueZero
04-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome! Great first post!