PDA

View Full Version : Paint Correction? What can i buff over and not buff over....

Derek Short
04-15-2012, 12:11 PM
When doing paint correction on a car, there are many different things that us detailers have to deal with on the car, such as emblems, vents, trim, etc... but all that can be pretty much simply be taped off.

My question now is...
what about some cars that have the pin strip going down the side of the car?
And some that have the vinyl decails or sticker logos on the side of the car? Is it ok to buff over that or should that be taped off also?

And what about some cars that have a clear bra? do u tape that off or do u buff the clear bra also? not really sure if the clear bra's get swirls and scratches because ive never dealt with one but would like to know in case i encounter one.

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

A.P.A.D.
04-15-2012, 12:28 PM
tape off the stickers/pin strips unless they are clear coated over.

tape off the edge of the clear bra

Derek Short
04-15-2012, 12:33 PM
tape off the stickers/pin strips unless they are clear coated over.

tape off the edge of the clear bra

alright so tape off and don't go over any of the clear bra correct?

A.P.A.D.
04-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't compound or polish with a polisher on the clear bra. Most that I have read about, the manufacturers say waxing on top is ok but not polishing. Maybe someone else can chime in

Derek Short
04-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't compound or polish with a polisher on the clear bra. Most that I have read about, the manufacturers say waxing on top is ok but not polishing. Maybe someone else can chime in

alright thanks for the info.

Agfan
04-15-2012, 05:09 PM
You can polish a clear bra but make sure it has a super low cut. Po85rd works very well.