PDA

View Full Version : Dr Chip/Help pls

nissansp
04-15-2012, 09:17 AM
OK so thanks to all the great advise i know what im ordering a 7424XP I know what pads and im getting the wolgang 3.0 swirl remover/polish/sealer

Now my last problem I have a nissan and of course nissan is known for chips so I would like to fill them using DR chip problem is the instructions say do not wax with a machine for 30 days .. I want to remove these swirls next weekend so i was thinking of using DR chip after removing swirls and sealer the car. My questions is will i remove the sealer by using the dr chip method??? is that a silly idea??? whats the best wau to do this so i do not have to wait a month before doing the next thing??

Thanks again everyone!!

embolism
04-15-2012, 10:00 AM
not sure if it's the best way but what I did was to polish my car, then wash it well making sure the chips were nice and clean.

Then after the car was dry, use the dr. colourchip, and wait 7 days to seal/wax after the next wash...

maybe there is something that you can put on that would still let the new paint outgas but I just left the car with nothing for the week. It's garaged at home and at work so I felt comfortable enough with no lsp for the week...

nissansp
04-15-2012, 10:23 AM
not sure if it's the best way but what I did was to polish my car, then wash it well making sure the chips were nice and clean.

Then after the car was dry, use the dr. colourchip, and wait 7 days to seal/wax after the next wash...

maybe there is something that you can put on that would still let the new paint outgas but I just left the car with nothing for the week. It's garaged at home and at work so I felt comfortable enough with no lsp for the week...

I would feel alot better if i had the garage my car is always out hmmmmm

embolism
04-16-2012, 09:31 AM
another thing you could do if there aren't too many chips to fix is to spot clean them, then do the fix.

Do not apply any lsp to those areas for 7 days, then after 30 days, polish the car with your machine as normal.

This is what I think I'll do this year before my spring detail for the couple chips I've noticed after this winter...

nissansp
04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
another thing you could do if there aren't too many chips to fix is to spot clean them, then do the fix.

Do not apply any lsp to those areas for 7 days, then after 30 days, polish the car with your machine as normal.

This is what I think I'll do this year before my spring detail for the couple chips I've noticed after this winter...

Well i wanted to remove the swirls next weekend before i go away.. thats really the prority i just wants to get the chips done to.. ya know?

shoeless89
04-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Personally I would fill the chips, wait 30 days, then polish. A little time with now LSP isn't going to kill anything. Wax/sealants are for looks of course, and long term clear coat protection. Even the best wax or sealant isn't going to protect your clear coat for long if a bird poops on it or something. My opinion is you'll be fine with no LSP for 30 days.

nissansp
04-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Personally I would fill the chips, wait 30 days, then polish. A little time with now LSP isn't going to kill anything. Wax/sealants are for looks of course, and long term clear coat protection. Even the best wax or sealant isn't going to protect your clear coat for long if a bird poops on it or something. My opinion is you'll be fine with no LSP for 30 days.

Wait so are u saying compound/remove swirls fill chips then seal after 30 days??? or just fill chips and dont remove swirls till next month?

nissansp
04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
:dblthumb2:Hi just a update if anyone needs to know .. I contacted the site DR colorchip and asked them about this and sealing after using DR colorchip they said most sealers will be fine immediatly after using the touch up!! :)