PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of applying an AIO and then....

brig2221
03-16-2007, 07:57 AM
What do you guys think of applying Klasse AIO to my car and then moving directly to applying a Carnuaba Wax such as P21S, and skipping the sealant all together?

I know that a Carnauba Paste Wax will not last nearly as long as a good sealant. However, I am a beginner and novice at this, and I want something that is fairly easy to put on and take off, and something where I can REALLY see the paint shine with that wet look and POP, especially with a brand new black car.

That said, does anyone see a problem with doing the following next weekend:

Wash
Clay
Wash
Klasse AIO
Apply P21S Carnauba Wax immediately after AIO
Wait 12-24 hours for wax to cure, and then top it off with Pinnacle Crystal Mist OD.

The only changes I have made from my original plans that I posted here was to add the claying first to prepare the paint better, and to drop the Klasse High Gloss Sealant.

I made these proposed changes because the better you prepare the paint before hand, the better the results, hence adding the claying. I dropped the Klasse High Gloss Sealant because I hear it can be a real pain to remove, and does not really add that wet look with POP.

So, here is my revised plan. Other than having to reapply my wax every 60-90 days (hoping closer to 90 if I use the Pinnacle QD often), are there any real negatives to my plan, or is something major missing? Thanks for everyone's help!

supercharged
03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
What do you guys think of applying Klasse AIO to my car and then moving directly to applying a Carnuaba Wax such as P21S, and skipping the sealant all together?

I know that a Carnauba Paste Wax will not last nearly as long as a good sealant. However, I am a beginner and novice at this, and I want something that is fairly easy to put on and take off, and something where I can REALLY see the paint shine with that wet look and POP, especially with a brand new black car.

That said, does anyone see a problem with doing the following next weekend:

Wash
Clay
Wash
Klasse AIO
Apply P21S Carnauba Wax immediately after AIO
Wait 12-24 hours for wax to cure, and then top it off with Pinnacle Crystal Mist OD.

The only changes I have made from my original plans that I posted here was to add the claying first to prepare the paint better, and to drop the Klasse High Gloss Sealant.

I made these proposed changes because the better you prepare the paint before hand, the better the results, hence adding the claying. I dropped the Klasse High Gloss Sealant because I hear it can be a real pain to remove, and does not really add that wet look with POP.

So, here is my revised plan. Other than having to reapply my wax every 60-90 days (hoping closer to 90 if I use the Pinnacle QD often), are there any real negatives to my plan, or is something major missing? Thanks for everyone's help!

Wash
Clay
Klasse AIO
Wax

I'm not sure if you will get P21S to last you 90 days, but I really doubt it.
If you are looking for longest lasting carnauba, look at Meguiar's #16, Collinite 845, or Collinite 476S. Depending on your car wash NXT might strip wax, Poorboy's SS&S will be the best wash for the buck), how often you wash, and if using QD or not you should be able to have it last 4+ months.

steveo3002
03-16-2007, 10:19 AM
agreed ...nothing wrong with aio and a wax, but p21s might be the wrong choice