PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Help?!

malmeh
03-16-2007, 06:01 AM
I started detailing my corvette, after all the AG purchases (Addictive by the way!). Well I used Meg's APC 10:1 on my interior and scrubbed with meg's all interior brush, and wiped with a wet towel. The next day my door panels were a bit cloudy! Did i ruin them with the scrubbing? Do i have to replace them? Can this go away? :confused:

I used the same procedure on the dash, seems fine..

any help?

supercharged
03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
:Picture:

ltoman
03-16-2007, 03:50 PM
I have never needed to use a brush on mine, and my inside is mainly cashmere. Is yours black?

trhland
03-16-2007, 03:54 PM
you have to be real carefull when useing all purpose cleaners on your interior. make sure you dilute it right. and also becarfull scrubing your dash .not to hard .take it from me i sprayed the dash in my truck once and scrubed it real hard and all this black stuff was on the rag .so i said wow this dash is really dirty. well no to find out i was taking off the dye in the plastic!!!:mad: so be carfull!!

malmeh
03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I have never needed to use a brush on mine, and my inside is mainly cashmere. Is yours black?

yes i have a black interior, i'll try to post some pics.

malmeh
03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
you have to be real carefull when useing all purpose cleaners on your interior. make sure you dilute it right. and also becarfull scrubing your dash .not to hard .take it from me i sprayed the dash in my truck once and scrubed it real hard and all this black stuff was on the rag .so i said wow this dash is really dirty. well no to find out i was taking off the dye in the plastic!!!:mad: so be carfull!!

What did you do?

ltoman
03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
yes i have a black interior, i'll try to post some pics.

Yah, pictures would help.
Did you get it all off well enough? I mean you don't think the stain are leftover product, do you? That could be it.

HighEndDetail
03-16-2007, 04:15 PM

That is why I never will use apc to clean the interior or leather. There are so many safer and better things that work.

malmeh
03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Yah, pictures would help.
Did you get it all off well enough? I mean you don't think the stain are leftover product, do you? That could be it.

Well i don't maybe, i'll try to go over it with a wet towel again, and i'll use a vinyl cleaner i have vinelex from lexol. i'll try to post some pics before and after.

koibybrian
03-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Plastic ? never a scub brush inside unless absolutly nessary. Well mabe some lexol or 303 or something that will work on plastic, maybe try something that removes wacx from plastic parts. Not sure what AG has but I use Black renew (Wizard) seems to clean off wax and give a luster to plastic panels. Sorry founded it before this forum.

malmeh
03-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Here are the pics mind the bad quality, it was dark and my camera was out of power, I was at the mercy of my mobile camera and a flash light :o ..

here you go,
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s137/malmeh/Image005.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s137/malmeh/Image004.jpg

notice on the edges it seems wet, and in the middle it looks like dry, cloudy.

ScottB
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
never used a brush, try some 303 protectant. I thought a Mr Eraser stained my doorguards, but with a little 303 all was back to normal.

malmeh
03-16-2007, 10:55 PM
never used a brush, try some 303 protectant. I thought a Mr Eraser stained my doorguards, but with a little 303 all was back to normal.

Thanx killer, I'll try this out, I'm waiting for the weather to ease off, were having a sand storm outside:o ..

BTW anything on the vette?