PDA

View Full Version : hows it look

Schiffdog
04-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Would love to know what you guys think so far, this is the first time I have used a da polisher and really tried to clean the paint. Just finished with ultimate compound over the whole car. Next up M205. Front door is done in the last pic but not the back. Any advice would love to hear it.

DealerDetailer
04-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Looks pretty good. I'm taking it the second picture from the left is after you have used Ultimate compound. Looks as if your rides got alot of RIDS left...what was your process with the Ultimate Compound. But then again I don't know what result your looking for (70-80% correction) or just looking for a good looking polished car at the end :)

What pad and speed your using? How many section pass did you do, I just feel like you could have good a little more out of the correction.

Schiffdog
04-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Looks pretty good. I'm taking it the second picture from the left is after you have used Ultimate compound. Looks as if your rides got alot of RIDS left...what was your process with the Ultimate Compound. But then again I don't know what result your looking for (70-80% correction) or just looking for a good looking polished car at the end :)

What pad and speed your using? How many section pass did you do, I just feel like you could have good a little more out of the correction.

No the second from the right is after using the compound. I bought this car used its an 07 so it needs a lot of loving. Im trying to get as much of the rids out that i can. That is why I am on the site to get as much help and learn as much as I can. Im using meguiars da polisher with there cutting pad and on speed 4.

DealerDetailer
04-14-2012, 01:40 PM
No the second from the right is after using the compound. I bought this car used its an 07 so it needs a lot of loving. Im trying to get as much of the rids out that i can. That is why I am on the site to get as much help and learn as much as I can. Im using meguiars da polisher with there cutting pad and on speed 4.

And its great that you are here, its a great place! :props:

Sorry about getting the wrong pic, yeah the second from the right looks good. I'd do a spot with 205 now and see how it looks. If you like, time for the entire car then. If not maybe try going back a spot with Ultim. Compound on 5 or again with your first step...somtimes the first step needs repeating due to clearcoat hardness.

Looking good so far! Be sure post done pics...:hungry: Thanks!

Schiffdog
04-14-2012, 01:48 PM
And its great that you are here, its a great place! :props:

Sorry about getting the wrong pic, yeah the second from the right looks good. I'd do a spot with 205 now and see how it looks. If you like, time for the entire car then. If not maybe try going back a spot with Ultim. Compound on 5 or again with your first step...somtimes the first step needs repeating due to clearcoat hardness.

Looking good so far! Be sure post done pics...:hungry: Thanks!

Awesome thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I had to make sure i was getting the pics in the proper order. Ill test a spot with 205 to make sure it looks good and if not Ill have to go over it again. Thanks for the heads up about the speed, being as how this is my first time using a DA I didn't want to mess anything up I figured safe approach first then get some feed back from you guys. :dblthumb2:

Schiffdog
04-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Did as suggested applied ultimate compound to hood again at higher speed. Think it came out really good. Let me know

DealerDetailer
04-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Looks outstanding Schiffdog!! Great work!

TimmyG
04-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Much better

vettdrm
04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
:iagree: much better

Schiffdog
04-15-2012, 03:55 PM
All done, I think for my first detail it went pretty good. :dunno: