PDA

View Full Version : Souveran Wax

Pages : [1] 2

StephenK
03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
just watched the pinnacle video and was wondering why the paste souveran did not have to let haze but did with the liquid

orngez
03-16-2007, 04:45 AM
liquid waxes need to haze because whatever they add to liquify the wax needs to evaporate so that the carnuba hardens and bonds to the paint...just think of it this way...melt a candle and spread the melted wax evenly on a surface..you still have to wait for it too "un-liquify" in order to create a protective wax barrier...or you could take the same candle and rub it on the same surface and there would be a ready to go wax barrier...no waiting...

ScottB
03-16-2007, 06:01 AM
they were designed that way, the paste is a WOWO (wipe on, wipe off) deal. Transfer of protection and oils is immediate. Liquid was designed so you could wax the entire car, then come back and remove as wanted.

trhland
03-16-2007, 06:10 AM
they were designed that way, the paste is a WOWO (wipe on, wipe off) deal. Transfer of protection and oils is immediate. Liquid was designed so you could wax the entire car, then come back and remove as wanted. so theres no harm with letting it sit?

Surfer
03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
so theres no harm with letting it sit?Most wowo waxes seem to be harder to remove if left to haze, it's so easy to wipe on and buff a panel and then move onto the next no point it letting haze.

HighEndDetail
03-16-2007, 11:31 AM
they were designed that way, the paste is a WOWO (wipe on, wipe off) deal. Transfer of protection and oils is immediate. Liquid was designed so you could wax the entire car, then come back and remove as wanted.

I'll take that excuss this time:D

StephenK
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
i have always let my paste wax haze before taking off. so i thought that was kind of strange. thanks for info

cosmo e46
04-07-2007, 09:31 PM
:D
just watched the pinnacle video and was wondering why the paste souveran did not have to let haze but did with the liquidhows that dvd?any good info? if so can you burn a copy and send it to me?

ScottB
04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
i have always let my paste wax haze before taking off. so i thought that was kind of strange. thanks for info

try the WOWO method , youll be much happier with the use of all the Pinnacle Paste offerings. And remember, a little goes along way. You dont need to cover the car like the old Turtle Wax offerings.

Nica
04-08-2007, 11:51 AM
so theres no harm with letting it sit?

Okay, I did this. I didn't WOWO. I applied Souveran Paste all over the vehicle went to grab a sandwich came back and let me tell you, it was a pain in the rear end to remove. I used so many MF towels to remove it I was blown away from it. I can totally understand what Killer is saying about the transferring of oils and mineral to the paint...I mean I was blown away by the feel of it....I don't know if it's fair to say this but in my opinion it felt like putting rich moisturizing lotion to the paint...really felt good but to remove man it was a pain...a good pain may I add..lol..just make sure you have lots of MF towels to remove the wax that's all I have to say lol.

Hope this helps.

Surfer
04-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Okay, I did this. I didn't WOWO. I applied Souveran Paste all over the vehicle went to grab a sandwich came back and let me tell you, it was a pain in the rear end to remove. I used so many MF towels to remove it I was blown away from it. I can totally understand what Killer is saying about the transferring of oils and mineral to the paint...I mean I was blown away by the feel of it....I don't know if it's fair to say this but in my opinion it felt like putting rich moisturizing lotion to the paint...really felt good but to remove man it was a pain...a good pain may I add..lol..just make sure you have lots of MF towels to remove the wax that's all I have to say lol.

Hope this helps.I warned you (above) lol, WOWO waxes for some reason are a beotch to remove when left to haze. Did the same thing with Souveran and had a hell of a time trying to buff it off (only one panel), did the rest wowo. I think Scott uses the wowo method for all his waxes even Natty's Blue but still haven't tried that yet. CG 5050 is on/off like Souv, didn't let it haze either.

ltoman
04-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Okay, I did this. I didn't WOWO. I applied Souveran Paste all over the vehicle went to grab a sandwich came back and let me tell you, it was a pain in the rear end to remove.

Hope this helps.

Umm, I did not go in for a sandwich, but by the time I got back to the front of the car, yes, it was a pain in the bootie to get off! Thought it was just me.
Now, one panel at a time - wowo. Nice!!!!!!!!!:righton:

Lauren

ltoman
04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
:D hows that dvd?any good info? if so can you burn a copy and send it to me?

It is on the site. Explore around. You will need to watch those videos if you plan to work on your scratches anyway.
Or they sell a copy - but why not just watch it on your computer?

My two cents....
LaurenIm the MAN

ScottB
04-08-2007, 05:03 PM
little hint --- for stubborn dried wax removal (the hazing so to speak) spritz with Souveran Spray Wax or original Crystal Mist and remove. Comes off much easier and still has the Pinnacle look.

FMINUS
04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Am I reading right that the wax is $70?