PDA

View Full Version : Polishing

Pages : [1] 2

ejflanag
03-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Hello i am very new to detailing and useing the PC. I am using pinacle polishes and wanted to know how many times can a vehicle be polished without damaging the paint. I am also haveing troubles getting the polish to work my car still has the same scratches, swirl marks etc and sugestions.

StephenK
03-15-2007, 11:43 PM
watch this video

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/4231-pinnacle-how-video.html

this should help you out.
any pics of the swirls and scratches? what pad/polish combo are you using?

orngez
03-16-2007, 12:22 AM
if the swirls are still there after polishing you are not using the correct pad or procedure...check out the videos on AG website should be very helpful...one of them is of the pinnacle line...

Mike T
03-16-2007, 08:06 AM
You may have to work the polish a little more or move up to a more aggressive pad and/or polish.
Abrasive polishing should only be done every six months to a year.

ejflanag
03-16-2007, 08:32 AM
I am using the LC orange pad for the first step then move to the LC white pad for the second step i dont no if its just that i am not aplying enough pressure or not going over enough times but i went over about 6 times in different direction horizontal and vertical.

bambo2888
03-16-2007, 08:35 AM
you should spend roughly 6-7 minutes on each 2x2 foot area.

Nica
03-16-2007, 08:37 AM
I'd encourage you to check out the videos but one thing I learned and I’ll share with you is that you actually don't need that much pressure. I made the mistake of applying way to much pressure and it caused me to ruin by blue Edge 2K pad (really like that blue pad).

The LC orange pad should do the job. Another thing I can suggest is make sure you tackle a small section, if I'm not mistaken it should be a 2 x 2 area and no bigger. I too made this mistake of taking a big area.

I've used XMT, which Pinnacle product are you using? Twins?

ejflanag
03-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Ill check out the videos thanks for the feedback ill try and tackle the job again and go from there also how long on average should it take to wax and remove on a car and polish

Whitethunder46
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Just curious, but where abouts are you in Ohio?

ejflanag
03-17-2007, 12:23 AM
I am actually near columbus ohio about 1 hour why do you ask you know Ohio

ejflanag
03-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Ahh i see your from Dayton LOL i live in a city called Lima Ohio probably an hour away from dayton you ever heard of lima

Whitethunder46
03-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Ahh i see your from Dayton LOL i live in a city called Lima Ohio probably an hour away from dayton you ever heard of lima

O yes, I sure do. If ya ever need any help detailing, give me a call.

ejflanag
03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Ya i would defiently love to learn alot more on how to detail vehilcles and understand it a little better do you have your own shop maybe sometime i could stop out there

Whitethunder46
03-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Ya i would defiently love to learn alot more on how to detail vehilcles and understand it a little better do you have your own shop maybe sometime i could stop out there

Nope. I'm starting a Mobile business, and am still new to the detailing scene myself. I feel I've learned a lot, but I'm still rather new. I open up for business in about 2 weeks.

Grimm
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Hello i am very new to detailing and useing the PC. I am using pinacle polishes and wanted to know how many times can a vehicle be polished without damaging the paint. I am also haveing troubles getting the polish to work my car still has the same scratches, swirl marks etc and sugestions.

I saw a review of using a PC where someone used a paint thickness guage. Based on their test, you should be able to polish like 50 times before you need to worry about going through the clear coat. So you should be fine to do it a couple times a year.