PDA

View Full Version : Advice toward my first detail job

Mc'lovin
04-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Hi all,

In two weeks time I will be doing my first detail job (voluntarily, of course) for my brother's Opel Corsa, 2003 make (am getting very excited ;-) )
I will be doing it with a friend who's an experienced detailer.
One thing we're not sure of is how hard the Opel's clearcoat is, and if it uses anti-scratch coating, like other german cars.

If any of you knows the answer it will be great.

Also, could you offer advice which of the following systems (of which I have) would be better to work with:
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 on yellow/orange LC CCS pads or Meguiar's DA microfiber system for compunding? These are the products currently on my detailing shelf for the compounding stage. My friend also has Menzerna's Power Gloss.

I use the DAS6-pro DA polisher (I think it's similar to or the same as Griot's Garage orbital) and he uses Flex XC 3401VRG.

The car has been totally neglected, never been polished or waxed, and was only washed it automate car wash, and not that often. It has tonns of swirls and some deep scratches (I'm not planning on correcting the deep scratches).

Thanks!! After the job will be done I will upload pics

Eandras
04-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Personally I would use the McGuiar's DA microfiber system. It makes the job quick and with great results.

twisted1
04-15-2012, 10:24 AM
The car has been totally neglected, never been polished or waxed, and was only washed it automate car wash, and not that often. It has tonns of swirls and some deep scratches (I'm not planning on correcting the deep scratches).

Thanks!! After the job will be done I will upload pics

Whichever system or product that you use, I feel confident to say that the outcome will be spectacular. IME, vehicles that are not cleaned ( much less corrected) regularly, have more CC to work with. As the dirt and film tends protect the paint from the elements. And more room for correction.
I hope that this makes sense. Good luck and looking forward to the pics.