PDA

View Full Version : Permanon over Opticoat 2.0 techniques?

mrsludge
04-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Hoping to gather in one thread all the input I can from those that are using or have used Permanon over Opticoat 2.0 / Optiguard. Would appreciate hearing how everyone is prepping the vehicle and applying the Permanon. I'm thinking that I will be doing the following:

1 - Wash the car with Optimum car wash
2 - Spray with diluted 3:1 Optimum Power Clean / APC and agitate before rinse and dry
3 - Initial Permanon application spray with a 10% mix
4 - Rinse car
5 - Blow dry and micro fibre where needed
6 - Follow up every couple of months with the same steps but with only a 5% mix

How's this compare with your guys steps? Thanks.

Flatlander
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
bump...

WRXINXS
01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
I have a recently Opti-Guarded car and have been gathering info on appication of Permanon Platinum as a topper. I have not done it yet though. My method will be to:

1. Wash car - Optimum Car Wash
2. Blow dry or mostly dry
3. Spray Permanon Platinum @ 5% Dilution
4. Rinse
5. Blow dry again.

When I called the guy at Permanon I believe he recommended 5% over the 10% on newly opti-guarded/well mainteined vehicles. I was going to go with 10% as well before I talked to him. Still, 10% probably would not hurt though.

Hope this helps and also see what others have to say because I may be incorrect or have missed a step.
Drew

ProDetail
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Sub'd

ScottB
01-30-2013, 03:32 PM
I thought someone suggested using Reload , I cannot keep all these coatings and their spray possibilities together.

WRXINXS
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Scott,

Lots of people like Reload over OC/OG as well. I had streaking issues on my dark red car. I guess I have heard you dilute to solve that but permanon can be applied without ever touching the paint so I'm going to give it a try.

fenderpicks
01-30-2013, 04:07 PM
When u get streaking or dark spots with reload, it is because u didnt spread the product fast enough and it dried up.

U can use ERASER to remove those spots, and just reapply reload.

WRXINXS
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
When u get streaking or dark spots with reload, it is because u didnt spread the product fast enough and it dried up.

U can use ERASER to remove those spots, and just reapply reload.

Thats what I thought. I think I was spraying too big of an area. Thanks!